Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoopshype is report that he may be shopped this offseason. Perhaps just to get a total restart of a horrid situation?

How about a trade offer centered around Robinson, Mercer and one of our picks for next season? Sure they would the higher one, so have it conditional?

It would be a gamble of sorts, but so is waiting on a pick where the other team has tons of flexability this offseason.

-Joe C.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Yea I think I'd rather have a PF...plus to get Magloire, we'd have to include some contract (but I believe we're under the cap)...still they might want either Krstic, or Planinic or a draft pick (combo of two)...

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
We are not under the cap...not even close...next year. Also, his contract has BYC issues, meaning it's only worth about $4.5 million for trade purposes. He would be easier for the Hornets to trade to a team who can give back salary since the Hornets will be way under the cap, meaning the Hornets can take back a much higher paid player. The Nets don't have those types of contracts to give up any more...unless you wanted to trade RJ, Kidd or Carter for Magloire. [Collins also has BYC issues next year making his contract of $5 million less valuable for trade purposes.]

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
I believe no one wants Araujo.

Babcock's first year as GM has been an unmitigated disaster. Picking Araujo, signing Alston to a $29 million deal, trading Carter to the Nets for basically nothing [those picks will be mid level at best and he couldnt even get the two best picks the Nets owned, their own and the Clips], buying out Mourning for $9 million without him even crossing the border, not trading Marshall before the deadline...not to mention hiring that nutjob Sam Mitchell as coach.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
NetIncome said:
I believe no one wants Araujo.

Babcock's first year as GM has been an unmitigated disaster. Picking Araujo, signing Alston to a $29 million deal, trading Carter to the Nets for basically nothing [those picks will be mid level at best and he couldnt even get the two best picks the Nets owned, their own and the Clips], buying out Mourning for $9 million without him even crossing the border, not trading Marshall before the deadline...not to mention hiring that nutjob Sam Mitchell as coach.

No one wants a young center?...... Right.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KingofNewark said:
No one wants a young center?...... Right.
I think he meant no one would trade what you normally expect from a high draft pick. Which would be true.

-Joe C.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts