atrain
zoran
SIGN demarr johnson
SIGN ac carter

inj reserve
veal
slay
zo

i would let go armstrong and the newly signed davis.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My ideal lineup

PG - Kidd
SG - Kittles
SF - RJ
PF - K-Mart
C - A-Train

Bench
Griffin
Rogers
Harris
Zoran
Davis
Veal
Sign Ken Johnson or Jason Collier

Cut Armstrong (end this mess)

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
I don't know much about demarr johnson, just that people say he has a lot of potential. And I know he's recovered from his accident and all, but how come no other team has signed him? I know he had tryouts with the Grizzlies and the Suns in the preseason. Maybe there's something we don't know about with him?

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Starters:

PG - Kidd: same role.
SG - Kittles: same role.
SF- Jefferson: same role.
PF - Martin: same role.
C - Collins: nominal starter, until he earns more minutes.

Bench:

C - Williams: same role, slightly more minutes and finishing more games. If over-used, asking for injury trouble and effectiveness drops.
*PF/SF - Griffin: should be dynamic change, but is overcoming personal obstacles and is integrating into a complex offense. Give him time and space to work himself into 3rd forward role.
*PF/C/SF - Scalabrine: 3rd center, and 3rd forward while Griffin increases PT. Likely, same utility role; team's reliable hustle-energy-execution sub. (IDEALLY, Frank utilizes Veal's 'Brad Miller' offensive skill-set, which would change his role.)
**PG - Omar Cook: NDBL, can't shoot a lick, but is tough, a top-notch defender and dynamic play-making PG.
*SG - Davis/Harris: first must find out what Davis has left in the tank, but if he's good to go, interchangeable with Harris with a better 3-pt shot. Neither should play more than emergency PG.
SF - Slay: back-up run/jump wing to round out the roster. Must play better defense.

IL - Armstrong/Mourning/Planinic: Armstrong pushed out. Mourning might try a come-back. Planinic - not this year, rookie; waits for Davis or Harris to get hurt.

* sharing role.
** new acquisition.

Oops. Did I forget to include Rogers. Oh well . . .

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
My Ideal Lineup: (You all will probably mock this though)

I am predicting this lineup 20 more games down the road, once Griffin has had some time to establish himself on the Nets roster.

PG- J-Kidd

SG- Richard Jefferson

SF- Eddie Griffin - This Kid is going to be good. He just needs the right situation. D-Miles is in the right situation in Portland right now, and I'm guessing that he will flourish down there. Reason: Because he is the kind of guy they want at SF. I'm thinking Griffin is the kind of guy the Nets want at SF as well. RJ can switch to the 2 guard on the roster. He will be bigger than most opposing SG's and more athletic then them.

PF- Kenyon Martin

C- Jason Collins

Bench

The rest of the players including Tamar "The Man" Slay

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
NYC sticks it to Rodney!!!

PG - Kidd: same role.
SG - Kittles: same role.
SF- Jefferson: same role.
PF - Martin: same role.
C - Collins: starter, but with limited minutes, especially against smaller teams, where we can use a front line of Jefferson, Martin and Griffin/Scalabrine

Bench in order of playing time:
C - Williams - maybe the most consistent player on the team
SF/PF/C - Griffin - his talent says he should get 25 MPG, but that's not the only factor.
SG - Harris/Davis - see NYC's comments.
PG - Planinic - It has to be somebody. The 3-guard rotation just doesn't work IMO. They will be making a sacrifice early on, but the more this kid plays, the more valuable he'll be come playoff time.
SF/PF/C - Scalabrine - If Griffin doesn't work out, he moves way up on the list, but if Griffin does, then Veal loses minutes. RJ and K-Mart are too young and too talented to take too many minutes away from them.
PF - Rodney - He still has some talent, and if Griffin and Veal just don't have it one night, Rodney might.

If Davis doesn't work out:
C - Jason Collier - If I had to take a chance an unknown, it would be a center.

IL - Mourning, Slay, Armstrong

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Kidd-36/Zoran-12
Kittles-36/RJ-12
RJ-26/Martin-22
Martin-16/Griffin-32
Collins-20/Williams-22/Veal-6

Not this year, but maybe next year- with Krstic and a 1st rounder coming by then RJ may move to full time SG and Martin to full time SF.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Rollydog</b>!
Kidd-36/Zoran-12
Kittles-36/RJ-12
RJ-26/Martin-22
Martin-16/Griffin-32
Collins-20/Williams-22/Veal-6

Not this year, but maybe next year- with Krstic and a 1st rounder coming by then RJ may move to full time SG and Martin to full time SF.
Martin is NOT a SF. Griffin will play more minutes at the 3 than Kenyon.

Here is the lineup considering no trades:

PG- Kidd 36 min/ Zoran 10 min/ Davis 2 min
SG- Kittles 34 min/ Harris 9 min/ Davis 5 min
SF- Jefferson 36 min/ Griffin 12 min
PF- K-Mart 32 min/ Griffin 13 min/ Veal 3 min
C- Williams 20 min/ Collins 14 min/ Martin 7 min/ Veal 7 min

Seems I, too, have left Rogers out of the rotation.

Now the lineup with my desired Terp trade:

PG- Kidd 34 min/ Blake 14 min
SG- Kittles 28 min/ Dixon 20 min
SF- Jefferson 36 min/ Griffin 12 min
PF- Martin 35 min/ Griffin 13 min
C- Williams 28 min/ Collins 14 min/ Griffin 6 min

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Why are all you Net fans so high on Kerry Kittles at the 2 guard spot?? He is not the long term answer for that franchise. He would be a great back-up shooting guard. He wouldn't be able to start on 15 other teams in the league right now. They need someone to replace him sooner than later. Maybe in the draft they can pick-up a steal at shooting guard.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C-MO 22 LD</b>!
Why are all you Net fans so high on Kerry Kittles at the 2 guard spot?? He is not the long term answer for that franchise. He would be a great back-up shooting guard. He wouldn't be able to start on 15 other teams in the league right now. They need someone to replace him sooner than later. Maybe in the draft they can pick-up a steal at shooting guard.
Right now, the Nets are struggling to get production from the back-up guards. There's nobody to replace Kittles at this point, and the fact is, he's the 4th option on this team. They don't need a star at the 2.

Jefferson is not ready to be a 2. His jumper still needs some work.

I do agree that the Nets should look at 2 guards in the upcoming draft. Kittles will only have one more year on his contract, and if they want to keep K-Mart and RJ (still don't know if they can even do that), they may have to let Kittles walk.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C-MO 22 LD</b>!
Kerry would be one of the top 2's in the leaue if he was more agressive. If Im not mistaken, his contract runs at the end of this year, or next year. Im high on Dixon, I think he could play behind Kerry until KK leaves and then Juanny could take over the starting spot. But, of course, Im obsessed with the Nets getting Dixon. Its just because I know how great he would be for the team. I need to get Rod Thorn's number.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
First, what Kittles does well, and we all know what those things are, he does at an elite level.

That said, his game is not well-suited for the motion offense, he disappears in crucial situations, and since the injury, he has yet to recover his old aggressiveness, although he's shown an improvement this season in that area. I've suggested in this forum that (a healthy, perhaps younger) Lucious Harris has a better suited game to start because he brings a wider set of skills, and the motion offense works best with smart players who provide triple-threat options.

In Kittles' defense, he is a near-clone of the Kings' Doug Christie (Christie is a better ball-handler). That says to me, if the Nets had better motion offense -type players at the other positions, like the Kings do, Kittles would be very effective. Then, his strengths could be emphasized over his weaknesses.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts