Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big conference game Wednesday. So there’s official conference standings and then there’s “how teams fair against UVM” relative rankings and Maine is currently 2nd or 3rd in the league behind SBU in those polls.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,467 Posts
A message must be sent here. Maine is a potential quarterfinal opponent. If you coast here like you did up there you will give Maine the impression that they can compete with you here. A relentless, ruthless full 40 minutes are in order here.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Is there any update on Giddens? At some point he'll be back and put up 20/10...I'd like to see that sooner rather than later.

Hopefully the reffing will be at least consistent. Need Bailey and Stef to be locked in for when Lamb kicks it out as I bet Maine will come in with a similar defensive scheme as they did last time: throw every body they at Lamb and hope for a turnover.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Normally I’d be worried about a letdown here with this game sandwiched between two important and difficult road games. But the closeness of the game in Maine should provide the needed focus. would be pretty surprised and disappointed if we don’t see a materially better outing this time.

·
Premium Member
32,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every conference game pretty important right now. Imagine they will be ready to play and no let down/no looking ahead, especially how close first meeting was.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just read that Davis is down to 225 this year. I’d wondered how far under 250 he dropped. He’s started to get it going over the past couple weeks and I’m looking forward to seeing what he produces in a starting role tonight.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,467 Posts
Fleming appears to be in street clothes. Wonder what happened there?

·
Premium Member
32,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
77-52 UVM final. Good 3pt shooting nights from Everett & Stef. Lamb & Davis played well in the front court.

·
Premium Member
32,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tough to win basketball games when you cannot score.
Vermont’s defense will do that. Missing Fleming obviously will make scoring tougher as well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Davis is playing with complete confidence and using those good hands to score on tiny openings. He is on fire.

UVM certainly showed Maine who was the boss. It's going to be a longer than ever, very quiet ride back to Orono.
Good hands, good footwork, he's shooting well in traffic inside as well as from the perimeter. He's also staying out of foul trouble. Ryan's development to this point from his freshman year is very impressive. He's probably the key to the level of success that the Cats can attain next year.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts