Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Or you can just say, "Congratulations, Maine...great job, it's difficult to win anything at the Division I level, well done"

Just a suggestion. 🤷‍♂️
No. Stony Brook choked it, Maine didn’t win it. All you needed was to win ONE game against UMass Lowell or Albany. Up by nine entering the 4th against Lowell, up by 16 with 9 minutes left against Albany. Hold on to ONE of those leads and Stony Brook gets the title that was in their hands for the first 95% of the season. No one even thought Maine had a chance with how poorly they started the season. So, no. Again, this season was Stony Brook’s for the taking. The entire time they were 100 spots higher than any other school in the conference on NET. They deserved so much better and we’ll never know if the America East ban prevented them from a stronger ending. But man, I’m peeved.

·
Registered
9,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No. Stony Brook choked it, Maine didn’t win it. All you needed was to win ONE game against UMass Lowell or Albany. Up by nine entering the 4th against Lowell, up by 16 with 9 minutes left against Albany. Hold on to ONE of those leads and Stony Brook gets the title that was in their hands for the first 95% of the season. No one even thought Maine had a chance with how poorly they started the season. So, no. Again, this season was Stony Brook’s for the taking. The entire time they were 100 spots higher than any other school in the conference on NET. They deserved so much better and we’ll never know if the America East ban prevented them from a stronger ending. But man, I’m peeved.
You are also insane. Maine EARNED this with 12 straight wins including a win AT Stony Brook , 2 wins vs. #2 Albany and 2 wins vs. #3 Vermont. You are CRAZY. Good-bye and don't let the door hit you.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
we’ll never know if the America East ban prevented them from a stronger ending.
The ban didn't prevent them from anything except playing in the postseason tournament. WTF?

And just for the record, the ban was announced on Feb 2nd. The wbb team won that night and 5 of their next 6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts