Cardinals @ Nationals 10/10 TBS
Cardinals @ Nationals 10/11 TBS*
Cardinals @ Nationals 10/12 TBS*

*if necessary

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
The Angels will win it all! Oh wait =x

Texas over O's(but seriously though who can believe Baltimore is the playoffs?)
Oakland over Tigers
Yankees over Texas
Yankees over Oakland

Cardinals over Braves
Giants over Reds
Nationals over Cardinals
Nationals over Giants

Nationals vs. Yankees in the WS

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
This play-in game is bullshit. Braves already won the WC. Having said that, I think we can beat anybody if Medlen is starting.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
This is definitely BS if you're the Braves and you're something like 7 or 8 games better than the Cards. If you're the Cardinals and you wouldn't be alive without it, then it's a different story.

Braves have killed themselves in this game, but that was a horrendous call on the infield fly rule. It was not even close to being the right call.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
All the rule says however, is that a popup is catchable by an infielder with normal effort. I don't think that is that far removed from what happened on the field despite the fact that it was no where close to the infield.

Any fair fly ball that could have been caught by an infielder with ordinary effort is covered by the rule, regardless of where the ball is caught. The ball need not be caught by an infielder, nor must it be caught in the infield. For example, if an infielder retreats to the outfield in an effort to catch a fly ball with ordinary effort, the infield fly rule is invoked, even if an outfielder ultimately caught the ball, and even if no infielder attempted to make a play on the ball. Similarly, a fly ball within the infield that could have been caught by an infielder with ordinary effort, but is caught by an outfielder, would also be covered by the rule.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infield_fly_rule

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Huh? Medlen pitched great, it was the unearned errors and the home umpire making the worst ****ing call I've seen in my life. Holy shit, I think that play ruined sports for me.

Fredi Gonzalez is a chump, BTW. How do you not get yourself thrown out of the ball game after that? Bobby Cox would have, and I think I even saw him throwing beer bottles on the field.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
I know, I was just commenting on the beating people part. Don't mind me, I'm just a frustrated Angel fan.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
That was not even close to being an infield fly rule. It's not something that can be defended. That guy has no business making that call and MLB is full of shit if they defend it.

·
Administrator
68,864 Posts
Huh? Medlen pitched great, it was the unearned errors and the home umpire making the worst ****ing call I've seen in my life. Holy shit, I think that play ruined sports for me.

Fredi Gonzalez is a chump, BTW. How do you not get yourself thrown out of the ball game after that? Bobby Cox would have, and I think I even saw him throwing beer bottles on the field.
All I wanted you to do was beat the Cardinals, and you couldn't even do that. Man. Nationals better not lose to them now.

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
I like the new 1 game WC because it makes winning your division more meaningful.

I do however think the new 2-3 home field advantage format is a joke.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
All I wanted you to do was beat the Cardinals, and you couldn't even do that. Man. Nationals better not lose to them now.
You should have been calling for an infield fly rule when Bartman caught the ball in 2003. From what I can tell, Joe Torre thinks the entire stadium is the infield.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts