Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
6,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Major League Baseball announced the postseason schedule on Tuesday. It starts with the National League Wild Card Game presented by Budweiser on Oct. 1 and could end on the last day of the month if the 109th World Series goes seven games.

Game 1 of the World Series is scheduled to be played on Wednesday, Oct. 23, in the ballpark of the American League champions.

The regular season concludes on Sunday, Sept. 29, and any necessary regular-season tiebreaker games would be broadcast exclusively by TBS. The NL Wild Card Game, aired on TBS, will be followed by the American League Wild Card Game presented by Budweiser on TBS on Wednesday, Oct. 2. It will mark the second year for the single Wild Card Game format, both of which were won by road teams last year: St. Louis over Atlanta and Baltimore over Texas.

Each NL Division Series will begin on Thursday, Oct. 3, and the first full slate of Division Series games, featuring the two AL Division Series openers and a pair of NLDS Game 2s, will take place on Friday, Oct. 4. The Division Series will run from Oct. 3-10, with two potential Game 5s on both Wednesday, Oct. 9, and Thursday, Oct. 10. TBS will air 18 of the potential 20 Division Series games, while MLB Network will exclusively telecast one game on Oct. 4, and another on Monday, Oct. 7.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130903&content_id=59414608

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
I'm pulling for the Pirates and Indians in the wild card round.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts
I was hoping to face the Rangers. I want no part of the Indians with the kind of tear they're on, and I'm never in a mood to deal with the Rays. I'm really not that confident on us making it out of the ALDS, all things considered.

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
Let's go Red Sox.

Feels dirty after not paying as much as attention as I wanted to. But will for playoffs.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Kemp out for the postseason. Shocking.

Ethier hurt but might pinch hit.

Going to be all about the pitching.

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
Pirates up 3-1 bottom 4th. Reds were threatening with no outs, only able to squeeze out a run from Liriano.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
These one game play-ins are so evil. There is no way you can tell fans of the losing team "at least you made the playoffs".

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
Pittsburgh crowd chanting "Mar-shall" to heckle the Reds reliever. Apparently, were doing it to Cueto too.

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
Walker lifts one over CF head for a double and Marte scores.

4-1, Pirates.

Reds intentional walking McCutchen.

·
Premium Member
6,367 Posts
Did anyone else have their TBS feed randomly cut to the beginning of a Seinfeld episode in the middle of the A's/Tigers game?

1 - 20 of 193 Posts