Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For an excellent job on defending Shaq 1 on 1. If Collins can contain Shaq by himself, that would do wonders for the perimeter players in the playoffs. I truly think Collins frustrates Shaq. Also, hope you get better from all those elbows and body slams Shaq gives you and gets NO Offensive fouls called on him. :2fing: Good job Twin.

· Registered
2,439 Posts
I'm sure waking up this morning with all those bumps and bruises feels a lot better knowing we got a 'W" last night....Props to Collins indeed!

Reactions: justasking?

· Registered
5,657 Posts
farouq710 said:
Uh where were you when shaq got called for 3 offensive fouls on Sunday? I love Twin and hope he can keep it up but it will be tough, the refs won't always call those same fouls in the playoffs.
yea... i don't think it was collins that really slowed down shaq! It's a fact that only shaq (FT's) and Pat.R was the one who slowed shaq down by not giving the monster enough shots!

Min: 35:57
FG%: 8-12
FT%: 2-8
Personal Fouls: 5
Turn overs: 6

AND he was injured..... I don't think people (caugh caugh jizzy caugh caugh) understands that shaq can't be stoped by another player (expecially any player on the nets)... the only thing holding back shaq is 1. His team or 2. Shaq!

· Registered
5,657 Posts
Lord-SMX said:
yea... i don't think it was collins that really slowed down shaq! It's a fact that only shaq (FT's) and Pat.R was the one who slowed shaq down by not giving the monster enough shots!

Min: 35:57
FG%: 8-12
FT%: 2-8
Personal Fouls: 5
Turn overs: 6

AND he was injured..... I don't think people (caugh caugh jizzy caugh caugh) understands that shaq can't be stoped by another player (expecially any player on the nets)... the only thing holding back shaq is 1. His team or 2. Shaq!
p.s. i'm not saying that collins/cliffy/krstic did nothing, but you have to take things into a logical perspectave! 18pts, 9boards, 4dimes on 8-12 shooting is not really my definition of holding shaq back! If shaq made all of his ft's the game would have been alot different AND he would have had 24pts! Also he had 3 offensive fouls call on him. And look at shaq's history vs the nets (and collins) he's a beast... he just had a bad game (omfg 18,9,4 is a bad game damn he good lol)

· Registered
866 Posts
Cliff tried to do his Shaq positioning defense, but Shaq wanted to abuse him. Collins was great bodying up. He's never been afraid to guard him, not even as a rookie.
Best thing about our defense that game was the team rotating. Vince and RJ jumped in to take a hit from Shaq, Krstic made help blocks, we knew what we were doing with team defense. We're looking good.

· Registered
1,224 Posts
Lord-SMX said:
p.s. i'm not saying that collins/cliffy/krstic did nothing, but you have to take things into a logical perspectave! 18pts, 9boards, 4dimes on 8-12 shooting is not really my definition of holding shaq back! If shaq made all of his ft's the game would have been alot different AND he would have had 24pts! Also he had 3 offensive fouls call on him. And look at shaq's history vs the nets (and collins) he's a beast... he just had a bad game (omfg 18,9,4 is a bad game damn he good lol)

That's the point, Collins flopped well enough to draw fouls and have him sit out for important stretches off the game. Obviously Collins can't physically stop Shaq, nobody can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.