Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's a big player with impressive post moves and footwork, in addition to be a phenomenal athlete. A top 5 pick is more likely, but a lot has to happen in a year for that to be the case.

What High School Does he go to.

he is 6-11 and is young born in 1984. He is kind of like Keon Clark but a even better athlete. And keon is a darn good one ask Shawn Bradley

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More Info

Malick Bodione Country: Senegal
DOB: 1984 Position(s): 4/5
Height: 6’11
Weight: ?
Team: N/A (HS Somewhere)

NBA Comparison: Keon Clark

Strengths: Size, agility and instincts. A Very Exciting dunker and a great shot blocker. He is very tall with extremely long arms. And has a surprisingly good shot out to 15 feet.

Weaknesses: Lacks strength and true basketball skill. Could add lots of muscle as well as a post game.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Of course I can.

Malick Badiane is a 6'11", 220 lbs. post player. He was born 1984 in Thiès, Senegal. He first caught the attention of coaches with his play for the Senegal team at the Albert Schweitzer Games in Germany this spring. In April 2002, he arrives in Langen (Germany) to join the TV Langen U18 Team (photo). He wasn't eligible to play, because the transactions deadline is in February. Since 2001 there are rumors that he could transfer to Oak Hill Academy, because they've always had a Senegal-connection (Jules Camara, Abdou Diame, DeSagana Diop). Abdou Diame told coach Steve Smith, that Badiane "is better than any of us when we came over." In July 2002 he attend the adidas abcd-camp, where he went from a little-known player to one of the best prospects at his position along with Kendrick Perkins and Jackie Butler. ESPN.com recently ranked him #9 of the class of 2003. They list Winchendon, Oak Hill or Notre Dame Prep as the schools he possibly attends. Rob Matera (from Bob Gibbons ASR) told me, that Badiane apparently run out of eligibility to play at Oak Hill, because he's too old. So he'll land in a New England prep school, possibly Winchendon in the fall. I've heard Missouri already recruiting him, but Andy Katz (ESPN.com) says, that Badiane enter the NBA Draft after spending a year playing American high school ball. He's that good.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
NBA Comparison: Keon Clark
I've also heard a lot of people comparing him to Kevin Garnett.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bender</b>!

I've also heard a lot of people comparing him to Kevin Garnett.
so have i. mostly on espn after he displayed his talent at the summer camps.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Has anybody see him play, so that he can confirm one of the comparisons?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Badiane recently signed with Opel Skyliners (Frankfurt, Germany). But it's a kind of a combo-contract, because he'll also play for his old team TV Langen.

Badiane with fellow Skyliner Peter Fehse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.