Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reviewing international prospects trying to understand there weaknesses and was looking at him and the only real problem I saw was inexperience, if he was to stay overseas maybe for one more year he would have a big chance of going a lot higher, I think he is potentially a first round pick even maybe a lottery.

·
Registered
26 Posts
i doubt he'll ever be a lottery pick.two users on the german board i post on weren't to imtressed by badiane.he had an average season for a 3rd division team in germany...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
"he had an average season for a 3rd division team in germany."

Nope. He played for TV Langen (near Frankfurt) in 2nd division, and finished as the teams top rebounder (8.9 rpg) and fifth-best scorer (11.7 ppg). He got better and better with every game, in his last one he scored 22 points and grabbed 14 rebounds.

But I doubt he's ready for the NBA. When Olumide Oyedeji came into the NBA (Pick 42, 2000), he was named Germany's first division MVP before. Badiane hasn't even played a single minute in the top division.

·
Registered
172 Posts
From what I've heard he's got potential.

They say he's got instincts, very good hands, and keon-clark-like athleticism and length.

Draft him and let him stay overseas a while, and somebody might get a second round steal.

·
Registered
462 Posts
At first when I saw him I thought he had a lot of potential, but now after reviewing him alot... he really looks like he might actually go undrafted. Its also that hes not the brightest of the bunch too, slow learner. The language barrier also makes it hard. He reminded most of an actually not-as-good Soumalia Soumake.

The guys never gonna star, At best he'll ride the pine on a one-year contract picked up as a free agent this year... not drafted. He's destined for the Europe or NBDL.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts