Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up with Malone?

The fatigue got to the Sonics in the end, but great job by the second unit. Good times ahead for Laker fans, but looks like we wont be getting Malone til the end of March.
When did they say this??

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
I didnt see or hear it but what I heard was Sunderland (I believe), coulda been Kupchak, said that Malone wouldnt be back to Mid-March 2-3 weeks after the ASG!

·
Registered
8,925 Posts

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Malone out until Mid to Late March

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,200~29583~1921510,00.html

The Lakers conceded Wednesday what to date had been only a quiet rumor: Karl Malone will not be returning to the basketball court until March at the earliest.

Malone sprained his right knee in a Dec. 21 collision with Phoenix's Scott Williams, and at the time, team officials hoped he would be back within days or, at worst, weeks. They now admit those expectations were "overly optimistic," in the words of Lakers spokesman John Black.

The Lakers are projecting Malone will return in mid- to late March.

The diagnosis has not changed. The Lakers continue to describe the injury as a sprained medial collateral ligament -- by definition, a minor tear. Only the announced timeline has changed.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Pinball</b>!
Why don't they say what's really wrong with Malone's knee instead of acting like it's a minor sprain? The man could have a torn ACL for all we know. It reminds me of the Edgerrin James situation a couple of years ago. He tore up his knee and the Colts were saying that he was week to week. Only after a couple of weeks did they reveal the seriousness of his injury and the fact that he'd be out for the year.
I knew it. Knee sprains don't result in a two month absence. It was obvious that his injury was more serious than the team was letting on.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
That's true Pinball, I have a hard time believing they completly misdiagnosed Malone... however he did dress out for one of the games shortly after the injury (don't remember which one) as if he was scrapped last minute... what was the purpose of that?

Oh well, I am enjoying watching Slava face-up and drive. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts