Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is very possible that Danny Manning who is a FA could become a Bull. I want to know what you all think about it. I agree with the article below that he could serve as a mentor to Curry and Chandler.

"The 6-foot-10 Manning, the Herald said, is a longtime favorite of Bulls general manager Jerry Krause, who likes to point out that he selected Manning's father, Ed, for the Baltimore Bullets in the eighth round of the 1967 draft. Ed Manning went on to play nine seasons in the NBA and ABA."---quote from article

<a href="http://www.kusports.com/news/kusp_m_basketball1/story/99372">http://www.kusports.com/news/kusp_m_basketball1/story/99372</a>

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Manning seems like a nice token mentor.
I'd prefer Hakeem if a mentor is what Krause wants.

If Krause really wants vets who can still play(like he said) then I'd prefer someone else.
Manning was more of a scorer than a rebounder in his prime. I'd prefer a rebounding "animal" in the "vet who can still play" category.
==============================
Krause seems to be adding strength(Rose-"Jay") at other positions rather than going with a "big" theme which I preferred ( :cry: ) . Manning or this type of token front court vet seems to fit this approach.

I hope TC & EC are up to the task. I hope Fizer changes his game too. Bags...
All are first round picks(3 are top 4) so I guess I should zip it regarding investing more in the front court but it's hard.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Manning's prime?

Never happened IMO. To me he'll always be one of those 'what if' guys. Seems he had tremendous upside before upside was a word, but knee injuries prevented him from ever reaching that next level. I hope Grant Hill isn't the next big 'what if' guy.

That being said I would like to have Manning around. He's played in a lot of systems, seen it all, played multiple positions. He's always been a fundamentally sound big man, something I think he could help our young bigs with.

I don't want somebody to come in and take Tyson and Eddy's minutes, I want to see them get better in all aspects of the game and think Manning would help them do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts