Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, do you think we would want to sign Ginobili over the summer since his contract is expired? I think Spurs would not resign him because they need cap space to maybe try to sign Kobe.

I know we don't need more SF positions but would you want him to be on your team?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
We all know that Manu is a nasty player.

But can the c's even afford him? Lets hope. He would be a nice addition.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I think most people would like to have Manu on their team, he is a great all-around player who can do everything! He´s a good jumpshot away from being a star, and his dunks are truly awesome!

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
We can't get him, we don't have the money.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Guys, do you think we would want to sign Ginobili over the summer since his contract is expired? I think Spurs would not resign him because they need cap space to maybe try to sign Kobe.
Well, after Kobe in the FA market, there is a major drop-off at the SG/SF position, and I think there is really no chance Kobe leaves LA. So the Spurs would be almost foolish to let him walk, unless there is some other alternative for a good perimeter player for them.

Plus, I think the Spurs would love to re-sign him for a realistic price, but if Manu is seeking too much then "hasta la vista baby"

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much do you think he's worth? MLE? or more than MLE?

Wo do you prefer Brent Barry or Manu? I will take Manu anytime. he's younger, more athletic, and nastier.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Manu is a great player. I just think we don't need him. It makes more sense to me spending the MLE on a PG, PF or C than on a SG/SF.

·
Premium Member
8,261 Posts
First, the Spurs dealt for cap room so that they could retain Manu. Secondly, he'll get more than the MLE, which we can't offer.

I think that we'll end up using the MLE on a veteran rebounding center. I don't know who is available that fits that mold, but that's what we'll need.

C--Mihm-MLE Guy-Perkins
PF-LaFrentz-Hunter-Perkins
SF-Pierce-Welsch-
SG-Davis-Welsch-
PG-Banks-James-

If we get that MLE guy, our draft picks will probably fill in the three blanks at SF and guard.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!
First, the Spurs dealt for cap room so that they could retain Manu. Secondly, he'll get more than the MLE, which we can't offer.

I think that we'll end up using the MLE on a veteran rebounding center. I don't know who is available that fits that mold, but that's what we'll need.

C--Mihm-MLE Guy-Perkins
PF-LaFrentz-Hunter-Perkins
SF-Pierce-Welsch-
SG-Davis-Welsch-
PG-Banks-James-

If we get that MLE guy, our draft picks will probably fill in the three blanks at SF and guard.
YEP. Exactly right.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>agoo101284</b>!

The only FA centers whoi might command the MLE are Mark Blount and Vlade Divac, and Vlade says he wants to go back to Europe. Besides, he's nearly 40. Blount will go wherever O'Brien is coaching, which is likely to be Philadelphia.

Okur will get more than the MLE from Detroit. Adonal Foyle is probably not worth the MLE, although some team might overpay him.

Unless I've misses someone, none of the other FA centers are even close to being worth the MLE.

That's why I think the C's should offer Blount and McCarty to Philadelphia for Samuel Dalembert and John Salmons. Philly would also have to throw in Willie Green to make it work under the cap.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
That's why I think the C's should offer Blount and McCarty to Philadelphia for Samuel Dalembert and John Salmons. Philly would also have to throw in Willie Green to make it work under the cap.
Why would Phillie give up Dalembert, who is signed for a few more years, to get a guy that they are gonna have to pay big bucks too after the season ends?

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>adamatic</b>!

Why would Phillie give up Dalembert, who is signed for a few more years, to get a guy that they are gonna have to pay big bucks too after the season ends?
Because O'Brien wants them.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, the only position we are lacking now is PF. We really need a PF who can rebound, post-up, and bang inside. But, who's available??

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
YES, I really want to see him out there, but they never gave him a chance. I started to hate this organization.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!

Bingo again. You are really on tonight Aqua. Maybe, just maybe, we'll start to see Brandon get some real minutes after February 19.
aqua's on :fire: ;)

Last year I loved saying "I love Walter," but this year everything changed, its not about winning any more, its about developing and Walter needs to go.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like Hunter's toughness and rebounding, but I'm not sure he'll ever be much of a back to the basket type that will demand double teams. IMO that's really what the C's are sorely lacking.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>adamatic</b>!
I like Hunter's toughness and rebounding, but I'm not sure he'll ever be much of a back to the basket type that will demand double teams. IMO that's really what the C's are sorely lacking.
The only way Hunter scores is under and with his back to the basket...the guy hits hook shots like lay ups...and why should anyone in the nba do it like that? Also he doesn't get pushed like everyone else on this team not named Chris Mihm.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts