Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were the Mavs, I would try to make a move on Marbury, yes he's selfish, he's not a winner, he shoots too much, but his talent is undeniable. maybe he's just not good being the no.1 option. Jason Terry basically had the same reputation as marbury when he was in Altanta, a smallish SG trapped in PG body trying to win games being the no.1 option. but his reputation all changed over night with trade to a winning team like Dallas. I think a change of scenery and less load can really help marbury get back on track. Marbury is basically a rich man version of Jason Terry. it makes even more sense when you think about, and the Mavs have pieces to make it work.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
Marbury is a poor fit with the Knicks. They have no shooters. At all. Not a single one. The Mavs, on the other hand, do. They have this one guy that's a particularly good shooter. I would love to see Stephon "drive-and-dish virtuoso" Marbury go there. The Mavs would be right up there with the Suns (plus Amare) and not too far behind the Spurs if they made that trade.

Marbury drives and dishes to Nowitzki for the three. Mavs win.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Wally Szcerbiak and Troy Hudson for Marbury lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Here is a trade idea involving Dal/NY/Por

Dal trades
KVH
Terry
1st rd pick/Harris

Receives
Marbury
Taylor

NY trades
Marbury
Taylor
Frye

Receives
Ratliff
Patterson
Outlaw
Dal 1st/Harris

Portland trades
Ratliff
Patterson
Outlaw

Receives
KVH
Frye

Dal reasons-Gets another scoring option to go along with Dirk and is better then any of the PG they currently have

NY reasons-Gets better now with defense, more balanced team and gives them a pick or Harris plus Outlaw who will be very good in the future.

Por reasons-Balances the roster and get a young guy back to replace Ratliff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts