Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Starbury03</b>!
I would take Marbury without a doubt if he had the right players he could easily be a Isiah type point.
You just proved all the Kidd supporters point. It doesnt matter who Kidd plays with, cuz hell still get it done. Marbury played with Stoudemire, Marion, and Joe Johnson!

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
Not as young as Amare. Plus there is more talent on the Nets roster overall then on the Suns. Also the Suns were in the West with less talent and had a very good season cuz Marbury. There is no way I would ever take Kidd over Marbury.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!

You just proved all the Kidd supporters point. It doesnt matter who Kidd plays with, cuz hell still get it done.
I don't think that's true. I think if he played with a bunch of poor offensive players, he'd find a lot of his passes led to clanked shots or fumbled catches. At that point, Kidd doesn't have the offensive ability to carry the team in scoring.

Marbury isn't as optimal with very good offensive players, but would be much more valuable than Kidd on a team with poor offensive players. He can carry the top scoring load and still play-make for teammates when the defense collapses on him.

It never hurts to have either. But they each have different strengths, suited to different types of teams.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Ill take Marbury over Kidd right now, and I would have done the same a year ago.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!
I also never understand why people talk about Marbury's low FG% when Kidd's is always horrible
That is because Kidd doesn't shot as much as Marbury, nor is the focal point in their system's offenses.

-Petey

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BobbyDigital32</b>!
Ill take Marbury over Kidd right now, and I would have done the same a year ago.
Really? I think Kidd is a bit overrated, but I still wouldnt think twice about taking him over Marbury.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.