Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NY Post - Without citing any specific source, Peter Vescey says that Knicks' president Isiah Thomas and head coach Larry Brown have notified "certain teams ... with specific needs" that Stephon Marbury is available.

Vescey says the Knicks started the process about two weeks ago by putting out feelers in order to gauge interest.

The coach may not be entirely enamored with his star point guard's game and Brown’s may be the weightiest opinion at MSG these days.

"This is New York," Vescey writes, "where Thomas brought in Brown to save his job and [Brown] might wind up taking it."

Getting back equal value may be the tricky part but the Knicks may prefer to erase Marbury from the roster than worry about the particular talent swap they receive in return.

Vescey speculates on a return back to Minnesota for Marbury, possibly in exchange for Wally Szczerbiak. Miami is another potential destination mentioned by Vescey, with Jason Williams and Antoine Walker two pieces in the mix. Vescey also talks about Jalen Rose (but Marbury has two more remaining contract years than Rose, which may make such a deal unappealing to the Raptors’ management).

Vescey states that the Knicks' young gun rookies are untouchable for now.
Honestly, i dont see it happening, his pay is very high, and etc..and idk if we can fit him in our busy offense..

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Iron Man said:
Starbury would be a nightmare on this team!

The Knicks can keep him!
Yeah i hear ya... But it wouldnt be that bad..

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
its Vescey speculating again

·
Registered
836 Posts
I didn't know Vescey was still a credible source on the NBA anymore. Interesting trade though. Maybe if Riles does this 2 for 1, he will sign Spree to fill the open roster spot. :laugh:

·
Registered
491 Posts
j-will
walker

for

marbury!

you would be stupid not 2 do this trade!

marbury
wade
posey
haslem
shaq

im not a toine fan (the black hole)...but i luv jwills game ...but stan needs to let him play...just like in sacramento!

·
Registered
8,226 Posts
Look at this, Miami already got too many guards. Marbury is not going to replace them with his considerably high contract to fulfill this. It's just ridiculous.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Trading for Marbury is only asking for a headache. I doubt he, Wade, and Shaq could all get along. They aren't running the triangle.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
I'm actually for this trade. I think Marbury has developed unfair notions from fans that he's not a good player, but he is!

If any of you guys think Walker & JWill are smaller headaches than Marbury, then... erm... you're wrong. :laugh:

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
2 good players for 1 good player...Marbury is better than JWill for sure, but does it help us to get rid of our 6th man too?

Even if we signed Spree to fill that gap, Spree doesn't = Antoine. He can create mismatches b/c of his versatility.

Give this team time, obivously this is a Peter Vescey rumor so there's no truth, and Riley would likely not consider any major trades at this point, but give them another 5-6 weeks before we give up and look to trade...

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
Shaq_Diesel said:
2 good players for 1 good player...Marbury is better than JWill for sure, but does it help us to get rid of our 6th man too?

Even if we signed Spree to fill that gap, Spree doesn't = Antoine. He can create mismatches b/c of his versatility.

Give this team time, obivously this is a Peter Vescey rumor so there's no truth, and Riley would likely not consider any major trades at this point, but give them another 5-6 weeks before we give up and look to trade...
if the heat had a chance to make this trade and don't, they are crazy.

marbury is on another level than williams and walker. if you are going to call them good, marbury would have to at least be very good, if not great.

and he would be a nice fit on the heat. he would allow wade to not be the primary ball handler all the time. having 3 big time players isn't too many. they would have a top backcourt(maybe the best in the league) and a frontcourt with shaq, zo, haslem, and simien. they would have to make that trade.

that said, no chance something like that goes down. larry brown doesn't like marbury, but he will like jason williams and walker? i doubt that.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lets say this trade did happen..Then how would we resign Dwyane in the few years when we have too...?? Would we have enough cap?

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Dwyane Wade said:
Lets say this trade did happen..Then how would we resign Dwyane in the few years when we have too...?? Would we have enough cap?
We don't need cap space to re-sign Wade.

·
Premium Member
12,829 Posts
I'd like this trade. Walker and Jwill for Marbury? You kidding me? I gotta agree with gian, Walker+JDubb is definitely more of a headache than Marbury.

Vescey is an idiot though.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts