Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Give me all of your answers, did you like marbury better when he was here or Kidd? Because I have read some loser posts on the draft.net board that if NJ kept Starbury that they would of won the championship. Yeah right, Jason Kidd all the way!

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by sundevilPAT
Give me all of your answers, did you like marbury better when he was here or Kidd? Because I have read some loser posts on the draft.net board that if NJ kept Starbury that they would of won the championship. Yeah right, Jason Kidd all the way!
marbury was a pessimistic selfish complainer. kidd, on the other hand, is the opposite. i think that's all i need to say... :D

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I've always (and still do) thought that Marbury was arguably the most offensively talented guard in the league, but he's nowhere near the player that Kidd is in terms of leadership, passing, rebounding, defense, and making the Nets actually look like a team.

That being said, if Marbury had 1/2 the intangibles that Kidd had, maybe they'd be better off (or in a similar situation)... but there's no way at all they would have been as successful with Marbury last year as they were with Kidd.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Marburry has been on a downward spiral since he left Minnesota.

his play on the Nets and now on the Suns has always left some to be desired. his stats are spectacular -- but it's the W/L that count, and Stephon has not made a positive contribution in that department.

(of course Kidd had a similar stigma -- his teams in Pheonix never got very far either -- but it was always obvious to me that Kidd was a team-first player, and Stephon me-first)

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
JKidd all the way baby!!!!!!!!!

Marbury might be a better scorer but that is the only thing he is better at than Kidd

Kidd has all the intangibles.

Marbuary plays for himself while Kidd plays for the team.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts