Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new rumors going around intrigued me into learning more about Marc Iavaroni......Apparently Nash and Patterson want to play the uptempo style of game with Telfair, Outlaw and possibly Miles(possibly) as part of our future plan. This new uptempo game seems to be the new style of play around the league and many of playoff quality teams are implementing that style of play.....he played for Nash in Philly as well....

What better way to get our young core introduced to that style of play then to bring over Iavaroni who is a big influence in the way Phoenix has been playing this year...

Iavaroni has been known to be very good working with big men as well, which could be a plus for someone like Pryzbilla to mold him into an All-Star caliber player...

He has worked as an assistant under Pat Riley and Mike Fratello who are great coaches in their own regards. Also with Pat Riley he worked as the Director of Player Development. He also coaches the summer league for the Suns and is supposedly a favorite by the players.

Here is a link to the Charlottesville, Virginia Daily Progress article about Iavaroni being in the running for the manager...

The more I hear about this guy the more interesting he becomes. I wouldnt mind Portland going after this guy.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
If he can command some respect and install some much needed discipline, I'd be all for it. Being able to draw up a play or two wouldn't be all that bad either. However, if we could get a more experienced, well rounded coach like Terry Porter or Rick Carlisle, I'd go with the latter.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
is porter really that experienced?

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Utherhimo said:
is porter really that experienced?
He did a pretty good job last year in Milwaukee and from what it sounds like, he has more head coaching experience than Marc.

As much as I don't want to sound skeptical, he sounds exactly like Mo Cheeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts