Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the Rockets waived Alton Ford, many thought Charlie Ward was a sure fire Rocket. But with Ward choosing to sign with the Spurs the options really narrowed for the Rockets, and Gumby, who likes to have 3 PG's in his lineup. Marc Jackson is scheduled to have a workout with the Rockets tomorrow.

Jackson, who turns 39 in April, is #2 all-time on the NBA assists leaders with 10,215 dimes. He played with the Jazz last season, ironically backing up the player who is #1 on that list (John Stockton).

Though it remains to be seen the kind of mentor Jackson could be, it could certainly do a player like Francis some good to have a true point guard on the roster. Steve is averaging a career-low 5.8 assists a game this season.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
wow

That is surprising. Marc can sure still help a team, but his age is an issue.

But hey, I am not the only one that misses the old back em' down to the post with a little hook move that Marc constantly used.

Go Figure.

·
Registered
564 Posts
NOOOO!!!!!!!!! i thought this was over i thought he was retired..lol... sorry am a raptors fan.. umm not to sure if this is a good move by van gundy.... maybe marc being a formerknick had a big part in this decision... that's the only reason i could see VG wanting him on his team

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Re: wow

Originally posted by <b>TheTruth34</b>!
That is surprising. Marc can sure still help a team, but his age is an issue.

But hey, I am not the only one that misses the old back em' down to the post with a little hook move that Marc constantly used.

Go Figure.

I love when he does that. :yes:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't care how old he is. Mark Jackson still has better point guard skills than most in the NBA. He's a good pickup for any team that starts a combo guard at point.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The Franchise</b>!
Not nearly as many as Jim Jackson has... I think the Rockets are his 9th or 10th team.
Yeah, Jimmy Jackson has played for: Dallas, New Jersey, Philly, Golden State, Portland, Atlanta, Cleveland, Miami, Sacramento and Houston. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Don't underestimate Jackson. He was 3rd in the league last year in assists per 48 minutes - AND he played a good deal of minutes.

Who was first? JOhn Stockton - another PG underrated because of his age. You don't have to be greased lightning to be an effective PG.

Good pick up for the Rockets

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.