Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
Tyrus is burning bridges a little early it seems. Have to suspect this is related to his lack of playing time, and possibly related to the trade rumors. It's unfortunate we couldn't salvage the situation, both sides have seemed unhappy for a while even when Tyrus would play well.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
time to move on chicago, this guy isnt what you hoped he would be. take advantage of his name value while he still has it and trade him now

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
time to move on chicago, this guy isnt what you hoped he would be. take advantage of his name value while he still has it and trade him now
They have been trying to do it for a while. I hope to see to see him gone by deadline.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Whats funny is that soo many people on here blamed Skiles for issues with Tyrus when the truth is Skiles and Tyrus had a MUCH better relationship than VDN and Tyrus.

Vinny and Tyrus cant stand each other.

I wonder what happened, should be interesting to hear what comes out in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Whats funny is that soo many people on here blamed Skiles for issues with Tyrus when the truth is Skiles and Tyrus had a MUCH better relationship than VDN and Tyrus.
That's like saying it's better to die in a fire than die in a car accident, though when it comes to pro athletes and car accidents their mistresses want to come out of hiding.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
It's really unfortunate, I still to this day believe Tyrus Thomas had the tools to become a legit NBA starter. He seems to work pretty hard, has the speed and explosion you want, can block shots, quick hands, soft shooting touch, decent handle for a big guy. Ultimately though, he just doesn't have the natural feel and decision-making for the game of basketball. It would take a pretty special coach, like Phil Jackson teaching him Zen, to get Tyrus to play the right way. Don't get me wrong, he could still be a very useful rotation player. But, will he ever embrace a 6th/7th/8th man role? Fourth season, and he still hasn't found his niche.

I think things are really touchy right now b/c Tyrus is up for a contract extension. He wants to get paid, but knows he won't unless he gets more PT.

·
Super Moderator
14,320 Posts
I mentioned in the other thread that it looked like Tyrus shut it down on the Atlanta game when he saw he was going to get subbed out... I clearly remember a loose ball bouncing in front of him and him not making the slightest effort to go after it. I'm sure this is about playing time... while I think he should be playing more, he has had plenty of time to grow up and handle himself professionally and it just has not happened.

I still think he played better under Vinny than he did under Skiles... clearly neither one could through to him. He's an incredible talent on D, hard to imagine that he'll ever realize his full potential.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Whats so weird is this kid seems like a really good guy off the court, he does a lot of charity work, he seems to be approachable and friendly in public but once hes on that court he turns into an un coach-able kid who has talent but has no basketball IQ.

·
Super Moderator
14,320 Posts
Whats so weird is this kid seems like a really good guy off the court, he does a lot of charity work, he seems to be approachable and friendly in public but once hes on that court he turns into an un coach-able kid who has talent but has no basketball IQ.
And on the rare occasion that he's not being stand-offish with the press, I've actually heard him say a few insightful things about the game of basketball... maybe this suspension will wake him up... even if it does, seems like his days here are numbered.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Yeah it's a joke. I still think he hasn't been used properly or given the right chance. But, 2 coaches down, you gotta start wondering.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Tyrus is a Jackhole. He's too stupid to even realize that if he lays low and plays by the rules he'll have a new contract with a new team by next season, if not earlier. It's obvious he is NOT in the future plan with the Bull, but he's ruining his own payday or chance to move by the deadline by his own stupid behavior.

In the words of Stu, Tyrus is literally to stupid to insult.

·
Registered
109 Posts
TT is out of balance what who he thinks he is and the role that he should embrace. He should go Denis Rodman, but thinks he should be Tim Duncan. This is why TT is not doing what Noah is. He's immature and seems to have a low BB IQ. He has the physical tools, but until he gets his mind right he'll never realize his potential. I'm not sure we'll ever see him do that.

He carries the notion of entitlement.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts