Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
yeah, i watched him play some games and he's a pretty good PG. He's still very young but he have a great offensive ability and he can pass the ball pretty well. Last time i heard he was in Europe trying to get a team in there so im not sure if he's going put he's name on the board for the draft this year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have seen him playing for Paulistano......
and i have to say that his game is nowhere near where leandrinhos game was at this point last year......
I agree that he is a good player,
but a lot more of a playmaker(better then leandrinho) then a scorer

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Here is my post from an older thread about him:

Marcelinho might have a chance to be selected. He will need to travel to US by the end of the season and follow the same path of Nene and Leandrinho. Trainning there he could develop his physical and especially his defense, right now he isn't ready yet.

Here is his stat line:

Marcelinho
23 GAMES
34 MIN
18.7 PTS
4,9 AST
3.9 RBD
1,8 STL
2,4 TO
38 3PT%
57.1 FG%
71.9 FT%

Just remember that this is not the National Championship and I think it would be wise to wait until he plays it.
http://www.basketballboards.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65647&highlight=marcelinho

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Re: Marcelo Huertas

Originally posted by <b>guilherme.rcf</b>!

The brazilians have, and some scouts too. if not he wouldn't be listed as a 1st rounder. He is a pro player. That "seriously" sounds kinda arrogant.
:no: I didn't mean to come off that way at all. I'll explain it to you by PM bro. No disrepect intended at all. You Brazlians are going to be great around here with info come draft time. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Marcelo isn't a athletic freak like Barbosa, right now i would say that he could be compare to sonics PG Luke Ridnour. He's going take more time than Barbosa to adapt to the style of the NBA game but he probably going make a good NBA player. I guess in the long run we could see barbosa as a scorer type of player and Marcelo more like a passing one.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I post some time ago that he was trying to get a team in Europe, well...that didn't work it. He's back in Brazil and he has confirmed that he's going play this year National Championship with Paulistano again, however he could leave his team in the middle of the season to travel to the US and trying to raise his draft stock in there (like Nene and Barbosa).
His coach at Paulistano said that he would have full suport if he decide to do that. Probably that's the main reason that Paulistano sign a PG (Gustavo) this off-season, i guess that even they now don't belive that Marcelo going stay in there for the rest of the season.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts