Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot has changed in the Suns since last season.
MG: Unfortunately, in my case – for worse. I’m certainly not the player I was last season, I need to find my place in the new order. I’m still capable of helping this team, and regularly recording a double double, but when the ball sticks to one person on offence, it’s hard to find a good rhythm….

Last season you've scored a lot of points off of Steve Nash pick and rolls. The team doesn't play that way anymore.
MG: Unfortunately, my two strongest plays – the pick and roll and post-ups have been taken away from me. It’s not easy, we have a lot of plays that don’t include me. And my chemistry with Goran Dragic hasn’t been quite equal to what I had with Steve. These are things that we need to work on….

Coach Alvin Gentry told me that the main post option was Luis Scola. You, on the other hand, are number one on defense.
MG: Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m even an option for (coach Alvin) Gentry. He doesn’t even take me into consideration. The situation is critical. We’re playing the same thing we’ve been playing last year, but the truth is we have a completely different set of players. I don’t think it really works. I can’t get frustrated now though, I have to stay positive.
http://gothicginobili.com/?p=5142

·
DienerTime! That's so 4 years ago.
3,027 Posts
He such a good player but he is just more suited to working on the boards to get his points. Complaining gets you nowhere.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Gortat killed Charlotte when we played them. What he is saying is something that we all knew. The team has taken on a bunch of guys who never look to pass. Beasley gets the ball and it's going up, whether anyone else has a better shot or not. I think he passed the ball one time in that game I watched.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
You know it's not a good sign when every answer of yours begins with "Unfortunately,"

·
Registered
203 Posts
lets be real here, who would want gortat taking shots instead of scola? The fact is we didnt have scola last season and thats why he got more involved on offense.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gentry's response:

“Nothing’s going to change,” Gentry said in response to the comments. “We try to throw him the ball, and we’ll try to get him the ball as much as we can and … . We’d love to be able to throw him the ball and have him post up and score for us. That hasn’t been one of his strengths, really.”

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Eesh.....sounds like Gentry's fed up with him. If they're ready to ship him out, maybe they revisit the Eric Gordon talks and build a trade that nets them Gordon and Lopez for Gortat and some other pieces.

·
aka Chilltown
3,750 Posts
Its pretty common knowledge among Phoenix Media that Gortat is vocal in the locker room when things aren't going his way. This is taking it to the next level lol. Here is the deal, Gortat is a nice player. Very nice on the boards, and a good defensive player. He isn't as good as he thinks he is on offense. He has some nice touch, but the guy was spoon fed (as is the case with most players and Nash).

He certainly isn't good enough to go crying to the media.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Eesh.....sounds like Gentry's fed up with him. If they're ready to ship him out, maybe they revisit the Eric Gordon talks and build a trade that nets them Gordon and Lopez for Gortat and some other pieces.
wtf....if this move was on the table, they should have been pulled that trigger

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Well, they'd have to wait until the middle of December, when Lopez can be traded, and they'd have to toss in draft picks to make it worth New Orleans' time. However, if Gordon's going to be sulking the whole time he's with the Hornets, and they're suddenly balking at paying the max to a guy with a bad knee, they may be willing to hit reset on the financial commitment while picking up a competent big man and some picks.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Gortat killed Charlotte when we played them. What he is saying is something that we all knew. The team has taken on a bunch of guys who never look to pass. Beasley gets the ball and it's going up, whether anyone else has a better shot or not. I think he passed the ball one time in that game I watched.
He's been passing more or better than I thought he would. Had 9, 7, 5 asst games. 7 asst game was against Bobcats too.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/3418/michael-beasley

But he remains what he is.

Gortat just needs to shut the **** up. He probably won't last entire season here anyway - if a team is truly C hungry by deadline, Suns will trade him for right deal.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Beasley is currently averaging a career high in assists actually. I think it's moreso the offensive system and QUALITY passes that is our problem. Our offense is pretty brutal to watch. Beasley loves to shoot, Dragic wants to contiue to show how good he is, and Shannon Brown thinks he is the love child of Kobe and Jordan. I don't think Brown could hold the ball if he wanted to. It goes up instantly.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Well, they'd have to wait until the middle of December, when Lopez can be traded, and they'd have to toss in draft picks to make it worth New Orleans' time. However, if Gordon's going to be sulking the whole time he's with the Hornets, and they're suddenly balking at paying the max to a guy with a bad knee, they may be willing to hit reset on the financial commitment while picking up a competent big man and some picks.
Gordon couldn't be traded to Suns til next summer. A yr after he signed the offer sheet in RFA rules.

Suns may not him now anymore.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
I have to imagine the Suns could nab something useful in return for Gortat, there's always a market for tall guys who can score, rebound, and block shots.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts