• camby

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • wallace

Votes: 17 30.4%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Hard to say. Either way I'd take Wallace for consistency. You know what he'll give you every night, and Camby has a shady past as far as injuries go.

That being said, Camby is a beast this year, and could easily be argued as the better player right now.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Camby's the better player in my opinion when both are healthy. Health/durability is really the only thing Ben has over Camby in my opinion. They're about equal defenders and rebounders while Camby is the superior offensive player.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
hobojoe said:
Camby's the better player in my opinion when both are healthy. Health/durability is really the only thing Ben has over Camby in my opinion. They're about equal defenders and rebounders while Camby is the superior offensive player.
Whole heartedly agree. Haven't got to see Camby play yet this year, but say him playing really well at the end of last season, and the stats he's putting are impressive.

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
I'm a `Stons fan and even I have to admit that, thus far, Marcus Camby has been the better player this season.

-Chris.

·
Registered
191 Posts
LMAO. This whole thread is insane.

Blah blah blah. How many DPOY awards has Camby won? How many all-star games has Camby been to? How many titles does Camby have?

ITS BEEN 12 GAMES.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Is Camby better than KG? Stats say yes.

Camby is older than Ben Wallace.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
zeebneeb said:
LMAO. This whole thread is insane.

Blah blah blah. How many DPOY awards has Camby won? How many all-star games has Camby been to? How many titles does Camby have?

ITS BEEN 12 GAMES.
hmm so in that case Darko's better then KG, Malone, EB, Dirk, JO, etc. . . . and if you use that argument u can make a case he's better then Duncan by saying Darko's been to the finals every year of his career as of now and has a ring?

anyway to the topic: Camby when healthy is better then Ben, Camby rebounds and blocks like Ben, but Camby can play offense and make shots.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Camby has been playing better this season but if you ask my who I'd take, its Ben Wallace every time. His intensity is contagious and he is just as good if not better than Camby in rebounding and blocks.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Camby has been filling up the box score like a champ this year, but I think it was pretty obvious to anyone who watched the Detroit-Denver game the other night who the better player was.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Camby has had the better year, but over their careers it's not close. If Camby stays healthy he's relatively close to Wallace in terms of overall impact because Camby is more of a threat offensively. As defenders I never thought it was close, as Big Ben can do pretty much anything he wants defensively while Camby is a very weak man defender.

·
Registered
191 Posts
qrich1fan said:
hmm so in that case Darko's better then KG, Malone, EB, Dirk, JO, etc. . . . and if you use that argument u can make a case he's better then Duncan by saying Darko's been to the finals every year of his career as of now and has a ring?

anyway to the topic: Camby when healthy is better then Ben, Camby rebounds and blocks like Ben, but Camby can play offense and make shots.
Using that one line, and compouding it is assinine. YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT.

BOTH players mentioned have been VITAL cogs for thier respective team, the others you mentioned not.

Your argument is valid to a 12yo, not allowed in an adult conversation as it's shot down in a milisecond.

Ben Wallace LEAD HIS TEAM TO A TITLE. Camby has lead his respective teams where? THATS THE POINT. Understand it, and accept it.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
I'd take Camby if he was as durable as Wallace. Health is his only issue, but it's been a huge issue throughout his career. When healthy, I'd take Camby. All things considered, I'd still take Wallace.

Camby is having a better season rather easily.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
The quesion was who has been better THIS SEASON. The obvious answer is Camby. I am just as big of a Ben Wallace fan as its gets, but THIS SEASON Camby has been better SO FAR. The thing is IF (and thats a HUGE if) camby could have at least averaged 70 games a year for his carrear then we may be talking about a player with a couple of DPOY and Allstar selections of his own. And offensively Camby has always been superior to Wallace and still is. That being said if I had to pick betwwen the two players I would STILL choose BIG BEN>

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
qrich1fan said:

its an easy copout for any piston fans to use. they use it ALL THE TIME.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
After 12 games this season, Camby is better. But I doubt he'll produce at this rate for another 70 games. Even at this stage of the season, however, it's pretty close. Ben Wallace is a significantly better defender.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Big Ben

1 - 20 of 28 Posts