Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming Shaq is still the consensus #1, which is a whole other thread entirely, I think Marcus Camby makes his case over Yao, when healthy. Health has obviously been a crutch for Camby, but when he is healthy, he is in the same class with Ben Wallace in terms of impact.

Tonight he had 18 points, 22 rebounds and 7 blocks. That's ridiculous. After tonight, he is averaging 16 points, 14 rebounds and almost 4 blocks. He is one of the very best defenders in the league. Plus he has a useful skillset on offense because of his ability to hit outside shots and finish anything around the rim.

I was one of the ones in the Yao vs. Camby threads awhile back arguing in favor of Camby. The guy is ridiculously underrated. When healthy, he is an amazing player. The best on the Nuggets by a decent margin.

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
Re: Marcus Camby the 2nd best center in the league?

Z, big ben, brad miller are all better

·
Registered
5,637 Posts

I think Camby will have a better overall season than Shaq, or any other center in the NBA.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

If he is not injury prone, I put him right behind (but very close) with Ben Wallace

·
Registered
5,529 Posts

Sir Patchwork said:
Assuming Shaq is still the consensus #1, which is a whole other thread entirely, I think Marcus Camby makes his case over Yao, when healthy. Health has obviously been a crutch for Camby, but when he is healthy, he is in the same class with Ben Wallace in terms of impact.

Tonight he had 18 points, 22 rebounds and 7 blocks. That's ridiculous. After tonight, he is averaging 16 points, 14 rebounds and almost 4 blocks. He is one of the very best defenders in the league. Plus he has a useful skillset on offense because of his ability to hit outside shots and finish anything around the rim.

I was one of the ones in the Yao vs. Camby threads awhile back arguing in favor of Camby. The guy is ridiculously underrated. When healthy, he is an amazing player. The best on the Nuggets by a decent margin.
camby is the man! very underrated. hope he can stay healthy.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts

KobeBryant08 said:
Z, big ben, brad miller are all better
Get serious..

Camby when healthy owns Yao very badly, and is easily the second best center in the league. Unless you count Amare as a center.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts

Brad Miller is just as injury-prone as Marcus Camby, if not more so. I think it would be very hard to argue that he's a more valuable player than Camby.

·
Registered
365 Posts

"Camby when healthy owns Yao very badly, and is easily the second best center in the league. Unless you count Amare as a center."

Jermaine plays some C at times as well.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

NugzFan said:
oh please. hes not THAT good.
Well, I'm sure he isn't arguing that Camby is better than the top 5 player Shaq. Plenty of people, myself included, have a suspicion that Shaq has declined a lot more than people want to believe.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts

Carbo04 said:
Get serious..

Camby when healthy owns Yao very badly, and is easily the second best center in the league. Unless you count Amare as a center.
of course you cant possibly believe this

·
Registered
5,859 Posts

Shaq and Yao are better, unless Camby can average 16, 14 and 4 for the rest of the season and Yao doesn't improve from last season. I doubt either of these things will happen.

·
Registered
8,966 Posts

Camby is a top 3 center in the league when healthy.

I think he should be the favorite this year to win Defensive Player of the Year considering Nene is out and k-mart is injured.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts

Carbo04 said:
How can you not believe this?
"Camby when healthy"

hell, if Yao can play more than 4 minutes at a time. To bad neither happens very often

Now, while Yao is much more skilled...their impact and importance to their teams is basically equal.

there's no "owning"

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

tone wone said:
"Camby when healthy"

hell, if Yao can play more than 4 minutes at a time. To bad neither happens very often

Now, while Yao is much more skilled...their impact and importance to their teams is basically equal.

there's no "owning"

so it comes down to preference

and man 22 rebounds and 7 blockshots!? I'd hit it

·
Registered
8,825 Posts

Marcus Camby is significantly better than Z and Brad Miller. Are there actually people who believe otherwise? Marcus Camby vs Yao Ming or Ben Wallace is a much better comparison at this point.

Camby's problem has always been staying healthy, but he's always been capable of doing what he's doing right now.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts