Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why did we stop developing Fizer , I am not sure, why he been treated like that ?

He got some good post and mid-range shooting skills, he can take a ball to the basket, he can rebound, he is going to be very strong physically, he got more toughness than, for example EC or JC . He is young and have a great character. He could be extremely valuable as a six man who never complains, or a good trading chip should we draft another PF.

Why he is not playing at least 30 minutes/game, anyway we are not going to play beyond the April 14 ? Does he so hopeless?

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Well I think he's going to have an alright career somewhere else...

It's hard to trade him right now because teams look at him as a guy who's not even in the rotation of one of the worst teams in the league, so how can he help them out?

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
On the outside, he's very talented.

Skiles has said that he is not going to play a guy that's averaging in the low .300s shootingwise. Bulls could surely use a SF that can score but how do you motivate a guy that knows he isn't going to be part of the rebuilding process. He's being showcased for other teams. every time he posts up, the whole offense stops and he is left alone to shoot and he usually misses. He was so good at Iowa State but a change of scenary for him would do him good.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Fizer has been the odd man out since day one. We drafted him in hopes that we could deal him since we already had Brand. Fizer is also the ultimate opposite of a team player, look up black hole in the dictionary, youll see something that resembles the way he plays basketball.

·
Reverse Psychologist
2,553 Posts
He's just the odd man out. With AD, JYD, Curry, Chandler, and Blount all as viable options for minutes (well, maybe not Blount), he's up against a lot of competition.

Furthermore, his game overlaps a lot with Curry's. His strength is his ability to put the ball in the basket near the hoop, but he's a serious liability defensively/reboundingly. So when Skiles needs defense, he plays AD, JYD, Chandler or Blount. When he needs offense, he uses Curry (whose post game is better). Fizer just doesn't have a role.

That said, I think he can find a niche with another team. He's never going to be a star but he can assist a team that needs an inside scorer. Seattle, Golden State, Miami could use him. I expect that the Bulls will trade him and not get much for him but I also expect that he eventually will be a valuable player.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...I expect that the Bulls will trade him and not get much for him but I also expect that he eventually will be a valuable player.

Precisely, why we are wasting our first round draft pick ?

We need condition him to raise his value, we don't need a meaningless wins at this point of the season. AD, Blount, JW could get a long rest !

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!
...Skiles and others said he does not give the same effort in practice.
IMO, it is just another argument from the Bulls management.

Fizer been showing in the past a lot of good working ethics, so
if he is not doing it now, it is only because of the lack of motivation and encouragement from the Bulls management.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts