Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
He's playing what you could call, "crap". He's not hurt, although his knee won't be prime it's not hindering him. He's just playing......really.......bad, to be honest. He's always been a very limited player but we could account for that because when he did what he does well well, we could cover for his defensive **** ups. But he can't even score well now. :cry:

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
He's not that bad. But he hasn't been given any chances, and has never really ever been a part of this team. It's really a shame, I feel really bad for the guy. He was drafted out of spite and spent his first four years playing either out of position or recovering from severe injury on the worst team in the NBA.

He deserves something better, and I hope his agent can find him some teams that would give him a chance at becoming a very real player. I see him getting picked up by a team like Seattle, New Jersey or Charlotte, and cheaply. I think he'd be given a real chance to shine, and if one of those teams' starters got injured, he'd step up big time.

As for now, he stinks. He doesn't get the big minutes he needs to get going, and I doubt they are treating him very well in practice. I don't know if I've ever heard Skiles say ANYTHING about him EVER.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I hope he does well on another team. He deserves it after putting up with the bullpoop, no pun intended, for a few years...being right in the middle of all of it.

I think this year hes just waiting out his last days as a Bull so he can get out of here. In past years, there has maybe been a little hope that it would work, but now its all said and done for him as a Bull.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
He never really had a role with the Bulls. Not with Brand and Chandler at power forward. He wasn't a small forward like Krause thought.

Last year he finally found his role on the team as one of the best 6th men in the league. And then he got injured. Hasn't been the same since.

I think it's safe to say that tearing his ACL was the most devastating thing to happen in his career so far.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JAF311</b>!
He never really had a role with the Bulls. Not with Brand and Chandler at power forward. He wasn't a small forward like Krause thought.

Last year he finally found his role on the team as one of the best 6th men in the league. And then he got injured. Hasn't been the same since.

I think it's safe to say that tearing his ACL was the most devastating thing to happen in his career so far.
Nope, it's a distant second behing being drafted by the Bulls...

He tore it last February. And no he's not undersized. 6'8 w/o shoes.... and he can get any shot he wants (just can't finish right now), and he's turned into IMO a great rebounder he just hasn't gotten an opportunity to show it off.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ztect</b>!
Fizer is going to go to another team and play well.

Seems to be true with most former Bulls.
Ron Artest, Brad Miller, Kevin Ollie, Hoiberg and Hassell to some degree...

But let's not forget about Ron Mercer and Jalen Rose. They got quite a bit worse after they left, and I'd say they were the two marquee FA's of the post-MJ era.

This all points to one thing: the Bulls coaching staff and management puts the emphasis on taking potentially bad players and centering the team on them so that their stats inflate to make them seem good. In turn, they take potentially good players and trade them away.

They treat mediocre players like kings. They take players on the cusp of blowing up and trade them to get more mediocre kings.

I do think Fizer is in the first group of blow-uppers, although it will take some time for him to understand what it actually is to play in the NBA. But once he does, he'll be a force off the bench someplace, getting spot starts on a front-line bare team, getting more bench time on a more winning team. I could see him going to Sacramento, actually. He's better than Funderburke or Massenburg, and with Webber being super injury-prone, they could use a decent low-post presence to spell Brad Miller. He's the kind of guy that could play off of Divac and the rest, and that team could teach him to be less black-hole and more ball movement. He'd have to sign for the minimum, but I don't expect him to earn much more than that and he'd have a shot at a ring.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts