Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been impressed w/ Marcus the past couple of years, but he has seriously taken a step back this year. He is only shooting 16.4% from 3, and he's still averaging almost 4 attempts a game. He is looking like Jerryl Sasser Jr, and this should make Gabriel happy around draft time :D Here's this and last season's stats:

Last year:
18.2ppg, 5.4rpg, 4.7apg, 3.8TOpg (for a mediocre 1.2/1 ratio) 1.7spg, 34.9FG%, 75.0 FT%, 32.1 3FG%

This year:
13.9ppg, 3.4rpg, 4.5apg, 3.9TOpg, 1.2/1TOratio, 2.0spg, 39.9FG%, 77.5FT%, 16.4 3FG%

His points, rebounds, and 3pt numbers have all dropped dramatically. It looks like he has played his way out of the 1st round this year.

Marcus Moore - ESPN

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
There are two problems that I see that are hurting Marcus.

He had a horrible coach last year in Paul Graham and they played a high octane uptempo game with no help for him a year ago.

Now he has more help this year and they are playing a grind it out, defensive game where he has to be more of a stabilizing presence at the point spot.

It says here that in the 2nd half of the Pac-10 season that Marcus will win more games for the Cougars than the first half of the conference sked. I wouldn't be surprised if Wazoo makes a run at the Pac-10 tournament title because of their defense.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts