Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started this, because this is a Nets Board and I'd rather talk about this than "Kidd's Debut".
Marcus made plenty o mistakes, but as he said in his slightly disturbing interview postgame: that Frank was very encouraging of him "playing thru those mistakes"...and to just continue to play his game. Good words by Frank. Also, as much as Marcus blows on D, he was very active in those last crucial few minutes of reg and in OT. That was very nice to see. I'm wondering if he can take full advantage of this next two weeks, and that at moments we could even see both he and Devin on the floor in short spurts...

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Marcus actually did not play terrible D last night. I really am proud of him and if him Carter, and RJ could do that every night we could definetly contend in the East.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
He didn't play well in the first quarter, and if Kidd was here that is all the playing time he would get. He showed he needs to get time to play through mistakes.

It's not like Kidd never had TO's so it shouldn't be a huge deal when Marcus has them.

He also made some nice passes that guys should have caught.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Marcus did great. I'm sick of hearing about Kidd too. He's not even a Net anymore so post about him somewhere else.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Marcus hasn't had the time to go out there and make mistakes. At least for now, he'll get the PT to show what he can do...and he's a good shooter from the PG position. He has to continue to make solid strides to become at least an ok defender.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Just don't turn on Marcus when he has a bad game, heck its more probable that he follows up his good game with a stinker

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only problem I have with Marcus is I feel like the moment he gets into his stride and starts putting out some solid numbers is exactly when Devin Harris will be returning from his injury only to doom marcus back to the far end of the bench. Maybe we can hope his trade value goes up significantly for the summer or keep him as the backup pg after we don't resign armstrong.

·
immortal
1,622 Posts
The only problem I have with Marcus is I feel like the moment he gets into his stride and starts putting out some solid numbers is exactly when Devin Harris will be returning from his injury only to doom marcus back to the far end of the bench. Maybe we can hope his trade value goes up significantly for the summer or keep him as the backup pg after we don't resign armstrong.
Good point welcome to the boards.

Marcus should start even when Harris comes back for a couple of games he'll be out of shape.

·
Premium Member
7,239 Posts
Marcus did great. I'm sick of hearing about Kidd too. He's not even a Net anymore so post about him somewhere else.

Sick of hearing about Kidd? It has been less than a week since the trade.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, I started this thing, I should Add:
MArcus got soooooooo schooled by that white boy last night.
Seriously, that's about the worst PG defense I've seen on an NBA level in forever.
Marcus, kid: I'm trying to get behind you and will stand for some turnovers in place of offensive production, but you must play at least mediocre defense, last night was unforgivable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts