Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's offical jojima signs with the mariners just read it on espn.the deal is reportedly worth 3years 8-9mil a year.hes the first japanese catcher.its good for ichiro.little of topic but if the mariners trade ichiro then im not gonna watch a single m's game again he's my favorite player and during all the losses i watch the game because of him.

·
Premium Member
23,770 Posts
i highly doubt they would trade ichiro this year... and if they did you are either getting some damn good prospects or a true superstar in return

·
The Baseball Guru
12,161 Posts
Ichrio wont be traded for atleast 2 season, he is how Seattle can have a payroll of 90 million, Seattle gets tons of money from Japan because of Ichrio, and his contract is 3 years up to 19 million with performance bonus, so max is 6 million, great move by Bill and Co.

SEATTLE -- Catcher Kenji Johjima and the Seattle Mariners agreed Monday to a $16.5 million, three-year contract.

Johjima will be the first Japanese catcher to play in the major leagues. He visited Seattle Nov. 11-14 and met with Mariners executives. He also toured the city to assess its suitability for his family.

"He's going to sign with Seattle. They're announcing it today," agent Alan Nero said. "They favorably impressed him."

Nero said a news conference likely would take place Tuesday in Fukuoka, Japan.

Johjima's decision was first reported Monday by The Seattle Times. His deal allows him to earn an additional $2.5 million in performance bonuses over the three seasons.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2231969

1 - 3 of 3 Posts