Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I can't ignore what I'm reading about him

nbadraft.net said:
[Hezonja] is probably the best 2-guard prospect to come out of Europe since Drazen Petrovic. Rudy Fernandez and Marco Belinelli weren't even close to the talent or polished players that he is at 16 years of age. He's certainly the most talented European guard prospect that I have seen in the 10 years I've been doing this. He's playing against kids 3 years older than himself and making it look easy.
Draft Express said:
Many NBA people were calling him the best player at [the 2011 Treviso Euro Camp] at the ripe age of 16 (born 1995)—going up against players two and three years older than him. We had already had a chance to scout Hezonja in person on two opportunities this year in Charlotte at the Jordan Brand Classic and at the Nike International Junior Tournament in Barcelona, and we could only nod our heads in agreement as scouts praised his precocious talent.
And he looks like Justin Bieber

Born February 25th, 1995 (16 at the time of this post)
6'6''
200 lbs

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Re: Mario Hezonja

I'm going to be getting video from the U-16 championship so I'll let you know what I think when I see those (if he even participates). Right now I don't know much but when a guy is really polished at 16 that sometimes means he won't improve as much. At ages 17 and 18 a lot of players make huge jumps in their skills, look at Anthony Davis for example. Rubio was unbelievably dominant at this age and now his jump shot hasn't improved much and it's questionable if he would even start on a lot of NBA teams.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Re: Mario Hezonja

Well I've seen him play plenty in Europe the last few years so in my opinion I don't think he would. Obviously I can't say for sure.

·
51,454 Posts

·
51,454 Posts

·
51,454 Posts
Mario Hezonja: 'I should be the first pick in the NBA draft'

Crotian prospect Mario Hezonja, currently playing for Barcelona, said in an interview to Sportske Novosti that he should be the first pick in the next NBA draft. Hezonja is expected to be a top-10 pick in the draft. The croatian guard also said that he repeated the three winning dunks of LaVine during the Slam Dunk Contest without any problem.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts