Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Phoenix Suns have reached an agreement on a six-year,$80 million contract extension with forward Shawn Marion,ESPN's David Aldrige reported Thursday.

The deal makes Marion a key part of the Suns rebuilding plan,which includes first-round picks Amare Stoudemire and Casey Jacobsen.

Marion,the ninth overall pick in the 1999 draft,averaged a career-high 19.1 points per game for Phoenix last season.The 6-foot-7, 215-pound UNLV alum also led the Suns in rebounding (9.9), steals (1.83), field-goal percentage (.469) and free-throw percentage (.845).

ESPN.com

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Thx God Marion agree to it. If he left, The suns would be totallt screwed. He deserves penny he earns.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Suns should have a good lineup...

In about 2-3 years...

C-Amare Stoudemire
PF-Alton Ford
SF-Shawn Marion
SG-Joe Johnson
PG-Stephon Marbury

·
Registered
71 Posts
Shawn Marion is a truly special player that doesn't come along very often. He will be a key part of this future playoff contending team a few years down the road.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Re: Suns should have a good lineup...

Originally posted by IMX
In about 2-3 years...

C-Amare Stoudemire
PF-Alton Ford
SF-Shawn Marion
SG-Joe Johnson
PG-Stephon Marbury

What about Jacobsen?? Wouldn't he be in front of Joe Johnson, I mean he is a great shooter.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Yeah he is a great shooter and that's about it. Joe can create his own shot and also create for others. He is taller more athletic and has more potential.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Marion is truly a great player. He does it all except shoot. Shooting is the only thing he is not good at. He is like Magic. He does it all except shoot.

·
Registered
338 Posts
stoudamire in my opinion can not play center ive seen him play in highschool and i saw some games in the summer leauge i dont think he can unless he is still growing witch i doubt.

·
Registered
920 Posts
He is 19. Why couldn't he grow? you don't get truly done growing until you are about 21. Plus you can always fill out and lift weights and gain weight. He already has the height of a center. I think the average center size is 6-10 245 pounds. Down the road he could play center....

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by hunterb14
Marion is truly a great player. He does it all except shoot. Shooting is the only thing he is not good at. He is like Magic. He does it all except shoot.
Like Magic?

Magic couldn't shoot? His lifetime FG % was 52.1%!!!!!!! Magic Johnson could shoot.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by IMX
Yeah he is a great shooter and that's about it. Joe can create his own shot and also create for others. He is taller more athletic and has more potential.
I agree, as I saw Joe could not only create his own shot, but has a real knack for getting the ball to the right person at the right time. He can rebound and get steals too, as we all saw. His potential is quite good, I would think.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Yeah the Celts really have been making some retarded moves lately. Giving up Joe Johnson for essentially Tony Delk. Giving up a massive expiring contract for Vin Baker. The Gm needs to be fired. They still have Pitino disease.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
one of the few times I agree w/ Malakian, I don't know what the hell the celtics were thinking trading joe johnson

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Marion can shoot the ball. He scored 20 points a game, which would be impossible for a SF to do unless he was able to shoot. He doesn't get enough credit for his jump shot. And I think Stoudemire could play Center in a couple of years. He has the Height, and he is close to having the strength, so dont rule it out. And the reason the celts traded joe johnson was because he wasnt getting enough pt playing behind paul pierce. It wasnt that stupid of a trade.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts