Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the blazers get a true sf who could play second to randolph while the suns get some post presence and a possibility of kobe

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
That has been a rumor for a while. I don't know if the Suns would do this, it depends on exactly how much cap relief they want. I think Portland would have to throw in a 1st rounder or two and/or include a young player like Outlaw. Qyntel is just coming off that weed arrest, and I don't think the Suns would want him.

However, it seems that Rasheed to Dallas is the most likely deal.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I like Marion but no way in HELL should POR send a 1st rounder. Man, stop with the ridiculous trade offers.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The Suns would be stupid to trade away a player like Marion for someone that'll just be gone last year. Marion is an all-star caliber player and to trade him for the "possibility" of landing Kobe is proposterous. It's a nice dream for the Blazers, though.

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
the blazers, would be the luckiest team in the nba, if they could actually get this to go! i doubt it tho.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Starbury03</b>!
The Suns want cap and picks.
So they give up an all-star caliber player to get basically nothing in return (if/when Sheed leaves)? It doesn't make sense. How much of a possibility is it for the Suns to land a player better than Marion in free agency? Not much.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MavsFaN02</b>!

So they give up an all-star caliber player to get basically nothing in return (if/when Sheed leaves)? It doesn't make sense. How much of a possibility is it for the Suns to land a player better than Marion in free agency? Not much.
Well, if Sheed leaves, they have 17 million. And in this day and age, you can get a lot with 17 million. They can go after someone this year, or wait till next year. And a plus would be, without Matrix or Sheed, they'd stink, and would have another lottery pick, adding to their excellent young core. The Suns get a wide range of possibilities with this trade, while the Blazers get an all-star SF whos perfect for Marion. I think in any scenario, this benefits both teams greatly.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
well for one... Sheed makes $18 mil.... The Matrix $10 mil

a team over the cap like Phoenix, needs to send at least $15.6 mil in salaries as a minimum to get Sheed.

but the problem really is Marion is a BYC player..... he makes $10 mil and they are allowed only to take back $5 mil due to BYC rules

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Matrix is a max player w/ 5 years left. If the Suns decide he is not in their future, it is not very easy to trade such a big contract. That's why Colangelo jumped at the chance to dump Penny, if it meant Marbury in the process.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts