Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Will Mark Blount be moved?

If it's possible to make a deal, look for the Timberwolves' Michael Olowokandi, who has been at his career best, to be gone by Christmas. Minnesota has been talking with Boston and Portland about a trade for the center. The Wolves are seeking scoring, and other players could be part of a package.
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/special_packages/columnists/13264464.htm

Minnesota might want him in a Mark Blount for Michael Olowokandi swap, which would be a tremendous deal as he can rebound and block shots and he has an expiring contract. This would be a great salary dump.

·
Registered
472 Posts

Premier said:
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/news/special_packages/columnists/13264464.htm

Minnesota might want him in a Mark Blount for Michael Olowokandi swap, which would be a tremendous deal as he can rebound and block shots and he has an expiring contract. This would be a great salary dump.
I'd do this in a heartbeat! Olowokandi is a bust and probably always will be, but I'd still rather have him than Blount if for no other reason than his contract.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Re: Olowokandi Rumor!

I'd be happy with this. I am done with Blount and while Kandi is no star as Prem said he can rebound and block shots. And as far as I know he does not whine about touches etc.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Re: Olowokandi Rumor!

On second look:

Minnesota has been talking with Boston and Portland about a trade for the center. The Wolves are seeking scoring, and other players could be part of a package.
This does not necessarily mean Blount.

·
Registered
654 Posts
If Blount for Kandiman was offered straight up, I'd set a world record for fastest trade execution. :banana:

·
Banned
61 Posts
Why would they want Blount and that salary for an expiring contract?

If Mchale does this then he proves me right. He is the 2nd worst GM in basketball,
2nd only to Danny Ainge.

·
Registered
453 Posts
if this trade happening for real then i will be amazed i think that would be a huge steal for the C's even though olowakandi isn't a star, he still would help out more then blount has been doing for us this year.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts

Olowokandi may not be a great player, but he is a rebounder, which we need.

Even if he didn't have an expiring deal, I'd be all over this one.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts

I would be pleasantly shocked if this actually went down. Besides that one little paragraph not even mentioning Blounts name I have not seen this anywhere.

·
Registered
472 Posts
aquaitious said:
I'd even part ways with Delonte West if this were to happen.
I'd hate to have to through in West just to part with Blount, but I'd throw in Scalabrine :biggrin:

I'd consider adding West, Dickau, or Allen only if something more than just Olowokandi were involved or if there were absolutely no better offers for Blount (which may be the case).

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
AntoineWalkerFan said:
Only way this deal happens is if Paul or Ricky are in the deal.
Kevin Mchale isn't dumb enough to take on Blounts contract.
You just said that you believed that McHale was the second worst GM in the league.

Ricky Davis/Paul Pierce and Blount for Olowokandi only works with Wally in the deal (I'm guessing; haven't looked at the salaries yet). No way would Boston do that deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts