Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Should the Celtics pursue signing Mark Jackson?

• They should sign him if possible.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • They should not try to sign him.

Votes: 1 25.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in your opinion as to whether the Celtics should pursue signing Mark Jackson.

It was reported recently in the Denver Post that the Nuggets will buy out Jackson's contract because he wants to play for a playoff contender.

I think that he would be a good fit for the Celtics, especially when playoff time comes around.

I am not secure in the Boston point situation.

A move like this would only push the Celtics about $1 million into the luxury tax. I think that the potential gains would out weigh the money it would cost the team. But I am not the one who pays the bills so the luxury tax does not mean that much to me.

What do you think?

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
I think that he would be great for us, he is the only quality PG out there, and since the new owners wanna win we should definitly go for him. I am very eager to see Shammond play, once I see him I'll tell you if we'll need a PG or not.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I think the guy is way past his prime. I think Boston needs a quality PG really bad, though, and Jackson may be it. If we can get him for a cheap price, then I say go for it. Problem is, he won't be staying for very long. He's near the end of his career.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>c_dog</b>!
I think the guy is way past his prime. I think Boston needs a quality PG really bad, though, and Jackson may be it. If we can get him for a cheap price, then I say go for it. Problem is, he won't be staying for very long. He's near the end of his career.
We don't need him for a long time, hopefully the Phillies will make the playoffs and get knocked out in the first round, so we get the 14-15 pick. I can't wait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts