Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark: You have to be consistent to consistently win in this league.
Thank you, Master of the Obvious.

Mark: Richard Jefferson telling Ray Allen get out of here! This is my house! I got game!
Marv: You alright there?

He's so bad. Kelly Tripucka was a more entertaining color man.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Richard Jefferson said:
C'mon man, you're being harsh on poor Mark.

Sports announcers have to consistenly use consistent vocabulary to draw a consistent picture of the game.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Richard Jefferson said:
Mark: Richard Jefferson telling Ray Allen get out of here! This is my house! I got game!

oh come on, that was a good one. Makes the call AND refrences the movie ray was in. Kelly could never do that.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
He better than Kelly

Kelly boring, same voice tone at all times

Mark may not be smarter but he still knows his stuff, just dumb sometimes

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kelly came up with a nickname for Ian, calling him Bird Man, or simply Bird. Once Marv and Mark develop that kinda chemistry I might lighten up. Something about this doesn't feel like the Nets, the new look team with the new broadcast team... it changes the entire experience. Mark seems to be giving general statements, while Ian and Kelly would involve the team.

ex.
Mark: They need to tighten up their defense.
Kelly: The Nets need to tighten up their defense.

Something about Ian & Kelly felt really like they belonged with the team.

And come on, the Marv Albert Show plug? Only on YES!
Funny but a lil' weird for my taste.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carter15Nets said:
He better than Kelly

Kelly boring, same voice tone at all times

Mark may not be smarter but he still knows his stuff, just dumb sometimes
Maybe it was all Ian that I was drawn to. He actually made Mark seem a lil' exciting when they worked together. He involved Mark and made him look comfortable. They did get into a lot of stories but that's always fun. Ian & Kelly once went 3 straight games with references to professional wrestlers, I have yet to see that from Marv and Mark.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
So far I think all Mark Jackson(No not that marc jackson! lol OMG LMFAO, thats so funny, OMFG) brings to the table is

"Thats just a case of good defense and better offesne, tip your hat"

Hes made that point at least 87 times

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Richard Jefferson said:

Are you kidding me? Mark had some great moments tonight!

First of all, you're making those quotes seem bad by not correctly quoting them. It was:

Mark: The Nets playing some great defense right now, but what they had to do is do it consistently. They can't get a stop on one play, and then give an easy lay-in on the next. It has to be consistent. You have to play consistent defense to consistently win in this league.

It may be obvious, but what's so bad about it? It was insightful and definitely not as bad as you made it out to be.

Mark: (after a monster block on Ray Allen by RJ) Richard Jefferson telling Ray Allen get out of here! This is my house! I got game!
Marv: Oh is that what he said?

:biggrin: Now that was funny!

He wasn't perfect, but he wasn't bad like you made him out to be. I can already see chemistry slowly developing between Marv and Mark. Give it time.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Richard Jefferson said:
Kelly came up with a nickname for Ian, calling him Bird Man, or simply Bird.
Kelly came up with that??!! KELLY??!! :curse::curse:

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Richard Jefferson said:

I thought he was excellent tonight. I also thought the Sonics announcers were quite good, no homers there.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
DoctorJay said:
C'mon man, you're being harsh on poor Mark.

Sports announcers have to consistenly use consistent vocabulary to draw a consistent picture of the game.
yea look a john madden! has anyone heard that opie and anthony john madden clip?

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
NetIncome said:
I thought he was excellent tonight. I also thought the Sonics announcers were quite good, no homers there.
You think Craig Ehlo is going to go insane when the Sonics visit Cleveland?

"Over there is where I spilled Gatorade on Brad Dougherty's shoe!"

·
Banned
4,660 Posts
Mark Jackson sucks, and I'll have no one making apologies for him. None of his comments are even remotely funny or insightful. He turns his enthusiasm on and off like a light switch. And even when it's on, he sounds blatently disingenuous. The guy just has no charisma. Plain and simple, he dosen't belong on television.

Kelly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mark

PS: Ian >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Marv

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Mark:

'Look at Krstic run, Kidd rewards him with an easy basket.'
'Look at Allen run, he's rewarded by... and RJ blocks the shot, RJ's rewarded with a block for his hustle.'
'Look at Coach Frank run, he rewarded with some oh nothing.'
'Marv, you know when my dog runs, and sets up good position, I reward him with a doggie treat!'

-Petey

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Petey said:
Mark:

'Look at Krstic run, Kidd rewards him with an easy basket.'
'Look at Allen run, he's rewarded by... and RJ blocks the shot, RJ's rewarded with a block for his hustle.'
'Look at Coach Frank run, he rewarded with some oh nothing.'
'Marv, you know when my dog runs, and sets up good position, I reward him with a doggie treat!'

-Petey
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Again, good one Petey! :greatjob: :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts