Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Martynas Andriuskevicius Interview (HoopsHype.com) (2-4-04).
http://hoopshype.com/interviews/andriuskevicius_sierra.htm

When and why did you start playing basketball?

Martynas Andriuskevicius: I started playing basketball when I was 9. It was my childhood's dream.

When did you first thought you could make a living playing?

MA: I first thought about it when I made my first money.

How is a day in the life of Martynas Andriuskevicius?

MA: I get up at 6 o'clock, I go to the morning practice and back home to take a short sleep. Then I go to the evening practice and back home. I usually do the same thing every day.

Do you still go to school or are you just focused on basketball?

MA: Yes, I still go to school. I have not given up totally on my studies, but it is not secret that all my forces and time are devoted to basketball.

Arvydas Sabonis is now playing in your club, Zalgiris Kaunas. Is he a model for you?

MA: I've never had an ideal player. There are many players from which I can learn some things.

Have you had the chance to practice with Sabonis?

MA: Yes, I had the chance to practice with Arvydas Sabonis.

And has he given you any advice?

MA: Yes, he has given me some advices and I very much appreciate that.

Which player do you think you resemble the most: Sabonis or fellow Lithuanian Zydrunas Ilgauskas?

MA: Probably none of the two. But if I have to answer, I would say Sabonis.

Martynas Andriuskevicius:

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I'm interested to see this kid develop. He needs to put on like 20lbs.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Peja Vu</b>!

Will his name fit on the back of his jersey?;)
If they made "Van Landingham" work for a baseball uni, I think they could fit his in :grinning:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
If he was drafted this year and would go for NBA, when yes, hes the bust. But if he remains working here in Lithuania, he can become something. Im sure if he stays in Europe and doesnt think about NBA, he would become a decent Europe level player and then he could try to go to NBA. But if his head will be full of "this or next year I have to declare" and if he leaves for it too early sitting on bench will destroy him.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!

If they made "Van Landingham" work for a baseball uni, I think they could fit his in :grinning:
Andriuskevicius is three letters longer. I think it can be done, but what happens if this kid becames a superstar? I mean, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, Barry Bonds. All easy names. This kid would be something...

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Well Tskitishvili barely fits, I think Andriuskevicius will be down to his shorts. It's 3 letters longer and has fewer l's and i's.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Yeah, tskititititititititititititititititititititisvili is a friggin´ long name...

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
If he develops a mean streak, we'll just call him "Vicious" :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts