• Undecided We'll See

Votes: 2 25.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Bad decision, but who knows if he'll keep with it. A lot of players say stuff like this, even Melo Anthony did before leaving Syracuse. He's a guaranteed top-5 pick right now anyway, and if UNC wins the championship, he'll jump to the NBA period.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
lucky777s said:
I don't think any player has passed up being a top 5 nba pick.

Marv won't be the first.
Jay Williams passed it up, he probably would've been first overall in the 2001 draft, but stayed in school so he could graduate as a junior and he was the second pick in 2002. Also don't forget about Tim Duncan, I think he would've been a top five pick in 1996, but he decided to come back his senior year and finish out his career becoming the top pick in 97.

On topic, I think Marvin staying is a great idea, if he's capable of being the man every night. I haven't seen much of him (actually only game I watched, Shelden Williams blocked his shot like a million times), I'll keep my eye out during the tourney.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I think what he meant to say was "I'll be in the NBA next year, but if I said so right now, it would be a distraction to my team and everyone on campus would hate me, so I won't announce I'm going pro until a couple of months from now."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.