Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a loss to NC State today the Turtles are now in 8th place w/ a game left at Virginia before the first half of the ACC season will be completed.

Does anyone still think it is a lock that Maryland finishes above 5th place? :laugh: :laugh:

These guys are very much in danger of missing the dance if they don't get some road wins. The Virginia game is not going to be an easy one.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Maryland will finish at least 5th. NC State will collapse. No one in the ACC except Duke is hot right now. Maryland plays 5/8 at Comcast. The ship aint sunk yet.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NC State sure collapsed the Turtles on Sunday. I don't think they are finishing above 5th just like I told you before the season. Too bad most homers are stubborn about their teams, that they can't see all the facts.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think they are in good position for 7th. Clemson and UVA should finish with 3-4 wins in conference. Maryland maybe 6-10 or 7-9.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Spearchecker, mad props to your Semis. I'm glad to see another ACC program taking big steps up the ladder and showing they can compete with the ACC big guns.

FSU has beaten GT, WF and UNC and given Duke a major run for their money in their last 4 games! That's quite a run.

Pickett is a first-team all-ACCer, and probably the ACC DPOY (though I think he should share it with Duhon). Johnson and Wafer are good young talents. Hamilton is a very good college coach. I look forward to FSU becoming a consistent middle road ACC team, like UVA. It makes the league much more competitive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks ChiBull,

Pickett is pretty much our engine this year. I think he should be first team, but I want to seem him lead the team to a road win before I could push him for POY. I'll have to study up on the competition more though.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Maryland is now 5-9 in the ACC and they have no chance of finishing above 5th place like I said before the season started.

I think I know a little bit about this game. :grinning:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts