Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the Maryland-NC game last night, and was impressed w/ Gilchrist and Caner-Medley. Nick looks like a solid pro SF prospect and I think Gilchrist could be an NBA regular as well.Nick looked pretty agile for his size and was very active. Jamar Smith looked decent, but Sean May absolutely owned him in the post.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
i kind of put caner-medley in there with a luke jackson, guys who are good athletes who wont blow the doors off anyone but can play in the league and will get drafted.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The guy on Maryland that you should look at is Fr .Ekene Ibekwe 6'9" SF/PF can really do it all. Once he add some weight on him he should be a first rounder in the future.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>Don'tjackthethreeup</b>!
The guy on Maryland that you should look at is Fr .Ekene Ibekwe 6'9" SF/PF can really do it all. Once he add some weight on him he should be a first rounder in the future.
Is that the kid from California? I don't know much about him. I'll keep and eye out.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Maryland Prospects (post #1)

I was watching the Maryland-NC game last night, and was impressed w/ Gilchrist and Caner-Medley. Nick looks like a solid pro SF prospect and I think Gilchrist could be an NBA regular as well.Nick looked pretty agile for his size and was very active. Jamar Smith looked decent, but Sean May absolutely owned him in the post.
SAY WHAT?! Smith dominated May all night. May had a nice 18 points, but Jamar was so much quicker than May it was unreal. And cmon man, he looked decent? Besides his FT shooting, Jamar was awesome.

Back to the subject. Gilchrist and Caner-Medley are both sophomores who may very well stay till their senior year. John Gilchrist is like a mirror image of Steve Franics with a tiny bit less hops. Its crazy how strong this kid is.

A lot of UMD players could eventually reach the NBA:

Gilchrist, McCray, Caner-Medley, Smith, Ebekwe, Fofana, Jones, and Strawberry can all possibly make the NBA. You better watch out for this team next year, were talking NCAA Title.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Strawberry blows
Are you stalking me Jarvis?:no:

Strawberry has been very good this year as a freshman. He is a superior defender and has even been the backup PG this year. He will be a Raja Bell type player at the least.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts