Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Lead the Armor to the playoffs and make an appearance in the D-League all-star game. Not being a jerk, just that with Garnett, Lopez, Evans, Teletovic, and Blatche on the roster I don't see much time for him.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Lead the Armor to the playoffs and make an appearance in the D-League all-star game. Not being a jerk, just that with Garnett, Lopez, Evans, Teletovic, and Blatche on the roster I don't see much time for him.
You could be correct, but Plumlee looks like one of the few players on the Nets that runs the floor, which is Kidd's style.

Garnett and Lopez will need some rest (Garnett should even sit some games), there will be injuries, Mirza still has to prove himself.

Reggie might not even be around.

Hoping Plumlee gets some play.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
You could be correct, but Plumlee looks like one of the few players on the Nets that runs the floor, which is Kidd's style.
I'm hoping that Kidd's smart enough to coach this team based on the talent he has, not on what he would want to do if he was still 27. Plumlee's going to see an NBA court at some point, but I still think he'll be spending the majority of his time in Springfield.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
How come Nets Fans dont see what HOF Jason Kidd did when he became HC of the Brooklyn Nets?
Kidd hired one of the NBA top coaching-staff on Draft-Night .. KG/Pierce/Terry, just because the Nets coaching-staff has the ability to coach on the court as players, does not mean they are players playing for points or STATS, when all their playingtime will be at improving teammates talents for the big-picture (postseason games).

Yes, Plumlee will see some decent rookie playingtime (just like Big-Baby did as a rookie).

This is what Kidd and Staff are working with:
PG- Deron / Taylor
SG- JJ (player-coach) / Terry (player-coach)
SF- AK47 / Telet / Sheng / Anderson
PF- Blanche / Plumlee
C- Lopez / Evans

The dynamic of having KG & Pierce "OLD-HEADS" who both can play 3 different positions to show teammates how to get an advantage on certain oponents by playing together to GELL on the same-page.

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/10/4/4804664/mason-plumlee-doing-well-but-likely-headed-to-springfield

But just as Plumlee is benefiting from playing with so many veterans, the 23-year-old is going to see limited minutes at least in the NBA for the same reason: it's crowded upfront. His GM thinks he could see a lot of time in Springfield with the Armor, where he'll likely dominate.

"I think Mason has done a good job being a rookie and not getting in the way of the veterans and listening to them," Billy King told GoDuke.com. "For him to have Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce, Brook Lopez, those guys can show him the right way to be a pro. It's going to help him for his long-term career. It's a great upside and the foundation for him will continue. This year, he'll have a chance. we're deep. But I think he'll play a lot of time in the D=League. If the opportunity arises, I'm sure he'll play for us as well."
Springfield it is!

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
He needs to be in the D-league. He's definitely shown promise in the preseason - he's way more athletic than his brother and has a good NBA body, but badly needs to develop his post moves and a fifteen-foot jumpshot. There just isn't much playing time for him in Brooklyn with KG, Lopez, Blatche, and Evans all in the mix. Better for him to develop his offense as the top option on the Armor and take the quick trip down to Brooklyn during home stints than to spend the entire season waving a towel. Also, if Deron Williams' ankle keeps acting up, I wouldn't be surprised to see a Plumlee/Teletovic for Andre Miller and a second swap(especially if rumors of Denver shopping Faried are true).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts