Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is practically a full page article about the Matadors in the sports section for USA today. DId anyone know that those guys only get paid in the form of tickets, free food and promotional items?

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
DId anyone know that those guys only get paid in the form of tickets, free food and promotional items?
Isn't that enough compensation for people whose only relevant talent is being morbidly obese?

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Re: Re: Matadors getting big press

Originally posted by <b>PC Load Letter</b>!

Isn't that enough compensation for people whose only talent is being morbidly obese?
They've got personality.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They have to spend a lot of time working on those routines. I think it takes a lot of balls to get up in front of 20,000+ and shake your flab.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
It is a simple matter of supply and demand. Suppose the whole group decided they needed to be paid more. The Bulls probably could fairly easily find replacements that would not hurt the Matadors' popularity one iota. If anything, the press attention proabably lessens their market power, if anything, since that likely increases the number of folks who would like to be Matadors.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I think it takes a lot of balls to get up in front of 20,000+ and shake your flab.
That's what the 12 beers before the game are for. :yes:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
There is practically a full page article about the Matadors in the sports section for USA today. DId anyone know that those guys only get paid in the form of tickets, free food and promotional items?
For that group free food is probably enough esp. if they get free beer too.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Re: Re: Matadors getting big press

Originally posted by <b>ztect</b>!

For that group free food is probably enough esp. if they get free beer too.
In fact, for that group, food is probably more expensive than a service fee would be!

;)

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm a horizontally challenged fellow myself but most of my skinny friends can outeat me! Just goes to show that the stereotypes aren't always right! :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm a horizontally challenged fellow myself but most of my skinny friends can outeat me! Just goes to show that the stereotypes aren't always right! :D
Like eating champion Kobayashi.

He would eat the hell out of the matadors.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by <b>Parabull</b>!

Like eating champion Kobayashi.

He would eat the hell out of the matadors.
yeah, I saw that guy on TV one time and I was like "damn that guy could eat me under the table! Then eat me, then eat the table"

·
Registered
268 Posts

yeah, I saw that guy on TV one time and I was like "damn that guy could eat me under the table! Then eat me, then eat the table"
:laugh:

Then eat your grieving loved ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts