Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Ha! Good one! Now the Cavs are back to square one.

One way to give the team a PG:

Charlie Ward & Lavor Postell to the Cavs; Lamond Murray & Bimbo Coles to the Knicks

The Cavs could then sign Rod Strickland to a 1 yr veteran's minimum deal. You can't do much worse than a platoon of Ward & Strickland--but it sure seems to beat the hell out of COLES & Strickland, PLUS you get rid of Lamond Murray's longterm contract. The Knicks acquire a replacement SF in the event that Latrell Sprewell gets traded to Dallas in a Nick Van Exel deal.

By the way, what the hell was wrong with Cleaves, anyway? Seems to me that when a team gets cold feet on trade, the best way to veto the deal is to have the dude fail the physical. I mean, Cleaves is what, 25 years old? What the hell could possibly be wrong with the dude physically? He hasn't played since college! How could he have injured himself?

By the way, R-STAR, I've been meaning to ask you: WHO THE HELL IS JESUS SHUTTLESWORTH? Am I the only person on this board who has no idea what you're talking about?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
From ESPN.com... for what it's worth...

"Still hoping to shore up their backcourt, the Cavs traded a future second-round draft pick to the Phoenix Suns for guard Milt Palacio."

So the Cavs are looking at a platoon of Bimbo Coles & MILT PALACIO at point guard right now? Ugh. I gotta think that the team either trades for Charlie Ward OR signs Rod Strickland.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>robyg1974</b>!
Ha! Good one! Now the Cavs are back to square one.

By the way, R-STAR, I've been meaning to ask you: WHO THE HELL IS JESUS SHUTTLESWORTH? Am I the only person on this board who has no idea what you're talking about?
Jesus Shuttlesworth was Ray Allen in a Spike Lee movie called "HE GOT GAME". Ray was a blue chipper and everybody wanted him.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey, Palacio is better then Cleaves AND they didn't trade away anyone as good as Jones. Besides, why do u need a 2nd round pick when u'll get labron james in the 1st round?:laugh:

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Their chances at Bron are no better than the Nuggets, and even both teams combined only have a 50% chance. And yea, Jesus Shuttless worth is played by Ray Allen in He Got Game. A Spike Lee movie. Kind of funny though, its a Spike Lee movie and Reggie Miller is in it for a scene. How'd they work that one out without killing each other?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jermainiac</b>!
Hey, Palacio is better then Cleaves AND they didn't trade away anyone as good as Jones. Besides, why do u need a 2nd round pick when u'll get labron james in the 1st round?:laugh:
I will be the first person to point out that the value of a 2nd round pick isn't much, since very few 2nd round picks make it in this league, but the Cavs' 2nd round pick in 2003 figures to be one of the top two picks in the 2nd round. So, believe it or not, the Cavs are actually getting ripped off here. MILT PALACIO? I mean, the dude's name is MILT PALACIO! Why the hell didn't they snatch up Pepe Sanchez after the Worlds?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
man. how could a guy, getting paid in millions, fail his physical test??? Pay me $200G and i will be in good shape. U can test me anytime!!!!!

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Loa when a player fails a physical it's usually because of injury or disease, not beacause they are out of shape.

·
Registered
414 Posts
As the Beatles so aptly sang "don't know how lucky you are boys", Cleveland just got out of a terrible trade. Cleaves is not even an NBA back-up with his skill and athletic level.

As soon as Jones gets a little older and makes more money, he will have to produce or be gone. He has about a 30/70 shot in my opinion to have a journeyman career. He is at least athletic.

Unless there is some salary cap reason, Cleaves will be released by Sacramento.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!

Jesus Shuttlesworth was Ray Allen in a Spike Lee movie called "HE GOT GAME". Ray was a blue chipper and everybody wanted him.
That was a dope movie. I think Rick Fox is in it too when he's givin the tour to Ray and he's meets those 2 girls and well ya know... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts