Here's a possibility that works...

Phoenix trades:
SF Shawn Marion

Phoenix receives:
SF Eddie Robinson
C Eddy Curry
PG Rick Brunson
(Maybe 1st or 2nd rounder)

Change in team outlook: +3.3 ppg, -0.6 rpg, and +1.8 apg.

Chicago trades:
SF Eddie Robinson
C Eddy Curry
PG Rick Brunson
(Maybe 1st or 2nd rounder)

Chicago receives:
SF Shawn Marion

Change in team outlook: -3.3 ppg, +0.6 rpg, and -1.8 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Chicago: This will move Curry out of Chi-town and bring in an instant star. The Bulls finally get the stud SF they've always wanted. They also get rid of Robinson's ugly contract.

Phoenix: This move would help them clear long-term money for their rebuilding process. This would give them Curry, an underachieving C w/ big potential, and round out a solid starting 5 for PHX. The money saved could possibly help give PHX some extra leverage in the Kobe sweepstakes next year.

What do you think Bulls fans, would you like this?

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!
We throw in Borie Clunt and Phx gives us Lil Jake and I'd be interested
I tried that exact move, but it didn't work. I tried throwing in Donnell Harvey, etc. This was the only one I got to work.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Did I miss something? Why are we saying no thanks to a Curry/ERob for Marion deal? I would do that in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
Did I miss something? Why are we saying no thanks to a Curry/ERob for Marion deal? I would do that in a heartbeat!
yeah, i actually don't think there is any way that phoenix does this.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Don't see why Phoenix does it. I think the only way they trade Marion is to open more cap space for a run at Kobe.

I'm willing to wait on Curry, but if the Bulls could get Okafor, I'd do it.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Adding Curry, Losing Matrix=Phoenix <Attractive

Doesn't Phoenix already have enough cap space to make a run at Kobe? I think this trade would make Phoenix less attractive to future free agents. If you dilude a team of talent, you end up getting the type of free agents you don't want, Ron Mercer anyone?

I think having Marion is a lot better selling point than having Curry's potential.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Re: Adding Curry, Losing Matrix=Phoenix <Attractive

Originally posted by <b>L.O.B</b>!
Doesn't Phoenix already have enough cap space to make a run at Kobe? I think this trade would make Phoenix less attractive to future free agents. If you dilude a team of talent, you end up getting the type of free agents you don't want, Ron Mercer anyone?

I think having Marion is a lot better selling point than having Curry's potential.
I think Phoenix doesn't have enough cap space to make a run for Kobe. They would need to dump some more salary.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Re: Adding Curry, Losing Matrix=Phoenix <Attractive

Originally posted by <b>L.O.B</b>!

Palabra.

Unless Kobe wants to be a West coast version of TMAC and the Magic, you are absolutely correct. Phoenix's talent, though young, is a bit unproven in the L. So its a shaky idea as it is for Kobe to land there. Taking away Marion (their only All-Star) would only worsen things.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Re: Re: Adding Curry, Losing Matrix=Phoenix <Attractive

Originally posted by <b>Benny the Bull</b>!

I think Phoenix doesn't have enough cap space to make a run for Kobe. They would need to dump some more salary.
As of now, I don't believe the Suns have enough cap room. Rumor is that they're trying to unload Jahidi which would effectively place them under the cap.

If the ultimate goal is to attract Kobe, then this trade moves the Suns in the opposite direction. Besides, I'm not sure if the post can handle Eddy and Amare.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Adding Curry, Losing Matrix=Phoenix <Attractive

Originally posted by <b>sp00k</b>!
If the ultimate goal is to attract Kobe, then this trade moves the Suns in the opposite direction. Besides, I'm not sure if the post can handle Eddy and Amare.
Because Amare is explosive and Eddy is not?

Man oh man. I'm pretty weary of the 'Eddy can't play alongside [insert player here] argument'. We heard it with Brand, it was a factor with Miller, and we've heard grumbles of this with Chandler. My only question is, what frontcourt player can Eddy play well with?

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Its the other way around SD, what post player can play with Eddy? They have to do all the grunt work, boards,defense,etc. It wears them out.

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
If Phoenix has to get rid of Matrix for a run at Kobe, getting a youngin like Curry might be a high risk but might reap great reward.

Damn this almost the reverse of what happened when Kobe entered the league. Jerry West needing to shed payroll to add Shaq, traded Eddie Jones and Vlade to Charlotte for a young Kobe.

Maybe this deal isn't so crazy for Phoenix. Curry at 20 still has alot of potential. I guess as Bulls fans were tired of potential and need to change our losing ways but we have to remember that others still see "potential" as a positive.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Adding Curry, Losing Matrix=Phoenix <Attractive

Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!

Because Amare is explosive and Eddy is not?

Man oh man. I'm pretty weary of the 'Eddy can't play alongside [insert player here] argument'. We heard it with Brand, it was a factor with Miller, and we've heard grumbles of this with Chandler. My only question is, what frontcourt player can Eddy play well with?
My reasoning is Amare and Eddy lack any type of outside game whatsoever. When looking at history and seeing when was it that two dominant big men functioned together, one or both clearly had the ability to brign their man out of the paint. Example? Duncan and Robinson. Of course the argument can always be made that Eddy and/or Amare might develop an outside game, but isn't that a big "might"?

And this is the same reason why I doubt the Tyson/Eddy front court. Rlucas has gone through great lengths arguing this point, and for the most part I agree with him.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I think so! Terms acceptable!

A young star in his prime that is a worker vs under-achieved potential. If we ever get a proposal such as this tendered to Pax, it would help balance out the regret that STILL lingers from the Elton Brand trade. I would like to be on the other side this time!

For the record: I was NOT against trading Elton, but what we recieved in compensation was woefully lacking at that time (not revisionist history). The 2nd best high school player for National Championship MVP, Rookie of the Year in the NBA, mature, and a long term solution, that is pedigree not potential.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts