Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In only his second NBA game, he had a double double with 13 points and 10 boards in 26 minutes. He came up big down the stretch when it counted the most. Barnes is the reason why the Clippers beat the Warriors tonight.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hes sactowns finest! He is from my parts, in fact his brother goes to my school. Im glad to hear someone finaly gave him a shot.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
He is playin good with the Clips but when I saw him in the ABA he looked horrible, I was very surprised the Clips signed him.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Coach Dun wouldn't of acquired him, if he wasn't worth the roster spot.. It's all about making the most of your opportunites.. Barnes, thus far has done that.. Hopefully he can contribute for the next 8 game's on his contract and get resigned.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope this guy gets signed through the rest of the season.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
CLIPPER REPORT: Barnes Ready, Willing

CLIPPER REPORT: Barnes Ready, Willing

By Lonnie White, Times Staff Writer

In today's NBA, versatility equals playing time. That's the best way to explain how former UCLA forward Matt Barnes has been able to make an impact with the Clippers days after he played for the Long Beach Jam of the American Basketball Assn.

Since signing a 10-day contract with the Clippers on Sunday, Barnes has worked his way into Coach Mike Dunleavy's rotation because of his ability and willingness to play three positions.

"This is a tryout for me, and I'm just trying to go out there and prove myself," said Barnes, who was averaging 18.9 points with the Jam.

"Any time they need me to fill in, that's what I'm going to do."

Filling in for injured Bobby Simmons, Dunleavy's physical reserve swingman, Barnes has given the Clippers everything they hoped for and more when they signed him. Not only is he giving them quality minutes, 23 a game, he's filling the stat sheets, averaging 8.5 points and nine rebounds, and providing defense on difficult, mobile big forwards such as Golden State's Clifford Robinson.

Barnes was one of the few bright spots in the Clippers' blowout loss to Sacramento on Monday, with four points and eight rebounds in 20 minutes. Then he followed that effort with 13 points and 10 rebounds in a victory over Golden State on Wednesday.

more...
http://www.latimes.com/sports/baske...,1,6105447.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
we lost bobby simmons and we got a guy who plays just like him
personally i never thought that much of barnes
but he impressed me

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Matt Barnes has impressed me in the past couple games. He hustles, he makes the right plays and doesnt force anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts