Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Co...970081562040&DPL=IvsNDS/7ChAX&tacodalogin=yes

You seem like you're comfortable being a nerd?

Yeah a little bit. People always say I'm a nerd. I like computer games, reading and I guess the remote control watch doesn't help that reputation.

What's with the whole no-car thing in Toronto?

I have a car back home. A 2000 Hyundai Elantra. It's my car, but my sister is using it while I'm here. It's only a 15-minute walk (from his home to the ACC). I just walk everywhere, or I can take the bus or subway if I need to get somewhere else in the city.

So you must get recognized all over the place?

It depends. If I'm not wearing my hat, everyone recognizes me because of the red hair. If I'm wearing a hat, then people cross the street and go the other way because they think it's some big huge crazy guy coming at them.

Who are you closest to on the Raptors?

Probably Hoff (Rafael Araujo) and Pop (Pape Sow), the two other rookies. I think we can relate a lot going through this for the first time.

Which athlete in any sport do you most admire?

Ever? Larry Bird. I grew up watching him. That's who I was pretending (to be) when I was in my driveway. The thing about him is he scored a lot of points, but most importantly he won. And he did the little things to make his teammates better, stuff that didn't always show up in the stats books.

What's been the bummer moment for you lately?

Probably hearing Vince (Carter) and Tracy (McGrady) say (there were times they didn't try as hard as they could have). That's kind of a pet peeve of mine. You should work hard and give 100 per cent every time you step on the court. To hear someone admit publicly they didn't do that kind of bummed me out.

What's the quirkiest thing about Canadian culture, the thing you just don't quite get since you've been here?

Curling? I mean, I don't know, it just seems like glorified bocce ball to me. It's just crazy how it's on TSN every night. The craziest thing, the thing that blows my mind is it'll be a big Monday in (U.S.) college basketball, a doubleheader with top-25 matchups, huge games. You can't find it on TV anywhere, then you go to TSN and they have curling on. That just blows my mind that more people would rather watch curling than college basketball.

What do you fear the most?

Getting mauled by a bear. I fear just walking somewhere and a bear jumping out from behind a tree and mauling me.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
That's a great Q&A. I especially liked hearing that he's close with Hoffa and Pape. Good to see the three of them getting along and adjusting together.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
What's the quirkiest thing about Canadian culture, the thing you just don't quite get since you've been here?

Curling? I mean, I don't know, it just seems like glorified bocce ball to me. It's just crazy how it's on TSN every night. The craziest thing, the thing that blows my mind is it'll be a big Monday in (U.S.) college basketball, a doubleheader with top-25 matchups, huge games. You can't find it on TV anywhere, then you go to TSN and they have curling on. That just blows my mind that more people would rather watch curling than college basketball
:laugh:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Sorry if I sound stupid cause I'm not Canadian but...what is curling? :confused:

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

Curling? I mean, I don't know, it just seems like glorified bocce ball to me. It's just crazy how it's on TSN every night. The craziest thing, the thing that blows my mind is it'll be a big Monday in (U.S.) college basketball, a doubleheader with top-25 matchups, huge games. You can't find it on TV anywhere, then you go to TSN and they have curling on. That just blows my mind that more people would rather watch curling than college basketball.

What do you fear the most?

Getting mauled by a bear. I fear just walking somewhere and a bear jumping out from behind a tree and mauling me.

HaHaHaHaHaHa

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
Thank you Matt. Glad I'm not the only one around here that hates curling.

Dont worry you ain't the only one, i despise that sport, it baffles my mins that they will show curling over college ball. :curse: :curse:

Here is something i will get ripped for but here goes.... I hate hockey

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
not many guys in the nba have a real fear of getting mauled by a bear lol

·
Fear The Red
8,910 Posts
Is there a Matt Bonner club? if there is and im not a part of it please add me

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Thanks guys! From what I've gathered, the players try and propel a type of rock across ice into a target on the ice similar to a dartboard...hope that's right. I'd rather watch a Duke-UNC game.
Great Bonner interview. I love this guy's personality.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts