Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw him in a couple Razorback games, and I really think that he is living up to his expectations! Don't you think???

·
Poetry in Motion
634 Posts
i'd have to agree... he's proven himself to be capable of playing wide out.. he makes some catches look so easy.. he tends to use only one hand when he catches. he'll shield off the defender with one arm, making the catch with the other hand.. it works for him but sometimes it doesn't. he needs to work on using both of his hands. that seems to be a good problem to have. i've been pleased with his play.. he's been much more effective than reggie williams was at this stage last season, and even now. i'm pleased we picked him up and i think he'll only get better... he had one hell of a game 2 weeks ago against baltimore :yes:

:eek:fftopic:

the WR that has impressed me the most though would be ernest wilford.. he was a 4th round pick out of virginia tech the year we got reggie.. i'd say he has been the best out of the young guys.. leftwich and wilford always seem to be on the same page. i'm pleased with our receiving core. we've got guys that will make plays.

after a slow start to yesterdays game from byron leftwich, (completing only 1 out of his first 9 passes, and it was a deflected ball to an o-lineman), ended up completing 22-38 passes for 258 yards for three touchdowns, no interceptions and a 104.9 QB rating.. the jags didn't have a single yard of offense until under 7 minutes in the 2nd quarter.. after that they were nearly unstoppable.. leftwich started hitting his targets and the jags followed his lead..

even though the score to the titans game was close, 31-28, i think the jags are starting their run.. freddy t needs to get healthy! ..the only "tough" game the jags have left is against indy (the only team with a winning record left on the schedule), and i think that is a winnable game. it will be @ j'ville and the jags played the colts as tough as anybody has.. i think its possible to see the jags win out and enter the playoffs 13-3, with all the momentum they need to make a playoff push.. i'm excited :yes: they currently sit in the top wild card spot and would face the broncos in the playoffs..

remaining schedule:
at Arizona Cardinals (3-7)
at Cleveland Browns (4-6)
vs. Indianapolis Colts (10-0)
vs. San Francisco 49ers (2-8)
at Houston Texans (1-9)
vs. Tennessee Titans (2-8)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TheChampion said:
i'd have to agree... he's proven himself to be capable of playing wide out.. he makes some catches look so easy.. he tends to use only one hand when he catches. he'll shield off the defender with one arm, making the catch with the other hand.. it works for him but sometimes it doesn't. he needs to work on using both of his hands. that seems to be a good problem to have. i've been pleased with his play.. he's been much more effective than reggie williams was at this stage last season, and even now. i'm pleased we picked him up and i think he'll only get better... he had one hell of a game 2 weeks ago against baltimore :yes:
ur rite

·
Poetry in Motion
634 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheChampion said:
are you a jag's fan?

:cheers:
behind the chargers their my 2nd favorite team!

·
Poetry in Motion
634 Posts
KoBe & BeN GoRdOn! said:
behind the chargers their my 2nd favorite team!
well at least you are a fan! :cowboy: nice to hear from another one.. not to many where i live and there aren't any more here on here..

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TheChampion said:
well at least you are a fan! :cowboy:
ya, i really like byron leftwich

1 - 7 of 7 Posts