Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy was regarded as a potential superstar out of HS, and had a good enough frosh year to be on the NFL radar.

Then he dissappeared for 2 years.

This year, however, he's been a monster. I don't think it's just Quinn and the Weis offense, he's finally using his overpowering size to win pretty much every jump ball with DB's. And he's noticeably quicker after shedding some weight last off-season.

My question to you all is, where do you see him getting drafted?

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
BigMike said:
This guy was regarded as a potential superstar out of HS, and had a good enough frosh year to be on the NFL radar.

Then he dissappeared for 2 years.

This year, however, he's been a monster. I don't think it's just Quinn and the Weis offense, he's finally using his overpowering size to win pretty much every jump ball with DB's. And he's noticeably quicker after shedding some weight last off-season.

My question to you all is, where do you see him getting drafted?
At the beginning of the year, his best bet at being drafted was probably as a very late pick because of his physical tools. However, he's put in alot of hard work in the gym and on the practice field and he's gradually worked his way into the first day. Right now, he's probably a second round pick. If he runs well at the combine, he could work his way into the first round. He's 6-5 220 and can leap. If he runs under 4.6, he's probably going to go high.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I doubt he runs under 4.6, he still doesn't seem very quick off the line. He'll probably be a 3rd rounder...he hasn't consistently been dominant and other big, bulky receivers like Reggie and Mike Williams have struggled in the NFL.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Not comparing there styles, but I think he'll be like Fred Gibson..

drafted 4th round, but never make the team

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
TheATLien said:
Not comparing there styles, but I think he'll be like Fred Gibson..

drafted 4th round, but never make the team
The reason why I think Stovall will stick is because he's a different type of a receiver than Gibson. For starters, he's got a strong, muscular frame. Gibson was a very thin player. Stovall is very physical and a terrific blocker. Gibson was neither. Stovall runs a variety of routes but thrives on screens and crossing patterns. Gibson was much more of a vertical receiver. Stovall has been very durable throughout his career. Gibson was often injured. Stovall is finishing his career on a high note. Gibson came in with alot of hype and never really seemed to get better at UGA. Personally, I think Stovall will probably go in the second round. He reminds me alot of Terrell Owens when Owens first came out. He doesn't have the blazing speed that Owens has but he's very physical and it is apparent in all aspects of his game. He's not lightning quick off the ball but he builds up speed as he goes and he's very difficult to stop once he gets his momentum going in one direction. He's much more of an intermediate and short threat than guys like Gibson, Williams, and Williams. His lack of blazing speed won't hurt him at the next level because he doesn't play like a deep threat in college. He plays like a player that is 6-5 220.

·
Registered
3 Posts
He would be the "possesion receiver" that alot of teams snear at but all of them secretly know they need and he would be a jump ball threat to be reconned with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts