Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LINK

On Thursday evening, Bernard James became one of 60 players selected in the 2012 NBA draft when he was selected 33rd overall by the Cleveland Cavaliers before being traded to the Dallas Mavericks.

However, this won't be James' first full-time job.

Prior to finding basketball, James completed a six-year term in the United States Air Force, serving three tours in Iraq, Afghanistan and Qatar. James enlisted in the Air Force when he was 17 years old and eventually rose to the rank of staff sergeant.

In Iraq, he guarded thousands of detainees at Camp Bucca. In Qatar, he secured buildings and airplanes. In Afghanistan, he worked as military law enforcement. He once had a 40-millimeter round land 90 feet away from him, killing six detainees and wounding many more.
You guys got yourself a good player and a great man. Bernard is going to rebound, block shots, play solid man to man and team defense, finish well around the rim with either hand and be a solid all-around player and locker room presence.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
I've never seen him play before, I just know he's a defensive center that's 27. But what I do know is that it was good to see, in an evening full of Anti-Stern jeers and sarcastic pro-Silver applause, genuine embrace of this young fella.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts