Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: Mavericks Claim Eddy Curry; Waive Delonte West

Eddy Curry has been claimed off waivers by the Dallas Mavericks.

The Mavericks already have 15 players on the roster, which would mean the team would need to cut a player.

Curry had been in camp with the Spurs.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/224147/Mavericks_Claim_Eddy_Curry#ixzz2APiKiLAY
With injuries to Dirk and Kaman, this is understandable. Rumor has it that Delonte West, who has been suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team" twice in the last two weeks, will be cut to make room on the roster.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Delonte West officially waived today to make room for Eddy Curry. Mavericks tried to first agree to a buyout w/ West, and also shopped Dominique Jones to make room to no avail.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Curry is starting tomorrow night. Dwight better dominate.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
How is this guy still in the league?

Dwight better throw up 30/20.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Well this didn't last long. Curry being waived to make room for Troy Murphy.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah not sure what happened. He seemed to play well enough against LA. Maybe they want the floor spacing Murphy provides that they lack when Dirk isn't out on the floor.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Yeah not sure what happened. He seemed to play well enough against LA. Maybe they want the floor spacing Murphy provides that they lack when Dirk isn't out on the floor.
Curry certainly wasn't terrible, but he looked like the same old overweight, foul-prone, allergic to defense behemoth he's always been. He can get some baskets in the paint, but he's still worthless at just about everything else. In today's league, where many teams are starting Centers that are the size of what used to be Power Forwards, Dallas probably feels like Kaman and Wright are a good enough Center rotation, with Bernard James seeing some minutes.

Given that Dallas has another month, at least, without Dirk, and that Chris Kaman is coming back soon, I guess they would rather have a smaller lineup with better shooting. Plus, keep in mind that Carlisle and Jim O'Brien have both coached Murphy, and Obie loves him.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
He honestly looked like a decent enough end of the bench big. He must bring a bad attitude to the team, otherwise I don't get why he can't hold on to a roster spot as an injury reserve type big.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
He honestly looked like a decent enough end of the bench big. He must bring a bad attitude to the team, otherwise I don't get why he can't hold on to a roster spot as an injury reserve type big.
Think Indy should take a look at him? He torched us when he was in New York. We would have a massive Center rotation with him, Mahinmi, and Hibbert, and it would ensure that Plumtree and Pendergraph never see any time at the 5. Plus, it would mean Ben Hansbrough would be gone.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Think Indy should take a look at him? He torched us when he was in New York. We would have a massive Center rotation with him, Mahinmi, and Hibbert, and it would ensure that Plumtree and Pendergraph never see any time at the 5. Plus, it would mean Ben Hansbrough would be gone.
If I'm wrong about the attitude thing and he'd just sit on the end of the bench and not complain, I'd be more than happy to have him.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
What's Curry's weight looking like these days? Hard to see him getting any sort of minutes if he hasn't dropped a whole lot of weight.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
What's Curry's weight looking like these days? Hard to see him getting any sort of minutes if he hasn't dropped a whole lot of weight.
He honestly didn't look too out of shape out there. I remember the announcers saying he lost 40lbs (I think) when training with Miami.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
It's over. Are there even enough offenses in the league where his post scoring is an asset, especially when you offset him giving up just as many points and not rebounding...I mean he'll find the end of the bench somewhere but any type of real reclamation probably won't happen. The league is too small for him in more ways than one

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like Chris Kaman returned for Mavericks tonite, so that might be the answer right there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts