Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏
The Dallas Mavericks have successfully claimed Elton Brand off amnesty waivers, a league source tells Y! Sports

‏@WojYahooNBA

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
...need to know details of the contract before I get excited. Hopefully one-year or at least frontloaded w/ partially guaranteed future years.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
LMAO I take that all day 2.1 M...

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
If 2.1 M is the winning bid for Brand, then Scola probably clears waivers...

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Elton is a nice bench big, solid additional for the Mavs.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
I can't really see Mavericks adding Scola when they already have Dirk, Brand, Kaman, and Wright on the same team, plus draftee Bernard James. No reason to meet that 3 year/10M requirement and jeopardize future cap. Maybe Charlotte goes after him, they are apparently losing the Humphries sweepstakes. Otherwise, he could be on the open market, maybe going for a mid-level.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
You have to put in a bid for Scola if you have the cap space. He's a very good player and you're going to get a shot at him for like 30 or 40 cents on the dollars

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
$2.1 million is solid and I'm glad the Lakers didn't snag him.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
The don't even make Steve Francis's's' anymore...

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Just dont put Daniel Ewing in for his "lock down" defense, with 2 mins left in the 4th during game 7 with the WCF on the line... Oh wait, only Mike Dunleavy would do something like that.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
This is that part of Dirk's movie that the credits will conveniently try to encapsulate in one frame

It was a long run...we got ours....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts