Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Honestly, nothing really. Best is the only player on their team who's salary can be straight up traded for him I believe, most anything else would have to be some sort of package on our side. Haywood plays the position that we are weakest at already, and they wouldn't send anyone better at center back. They could always give us their pick, but I don't think we have much use for a mid 20's first round pick.

I'm terrible with fantasy trades though, anyone more creative with this sort of thing have an idea that I'm missing?

As a side note, I think Haywood has been much improved over the past 2-3 weeks, and I personally am not interested in moving him. He certainly isn't untouchable, but I don't think we should just give him away either.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Brendan could be a very very usefull addition for the MAvs.. I think they should try to take him...Travis + a 1st round pick seems pretty fair for him

·
Registered
668 Posts
I agree that this would be a very good trade. It is worth a try, and if it doesn't work, no sweat of mad money mark.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Best + 1st rounder for Haywood may not seem unfair, but I don't see what that gets us. We already have too many PGs demanding time, and like I mentioned before I don't know what we'd do with a late first rounder. As odd as it may sound for a team that really isn't that good, we're pretty deep -- adding a fifth PG to our roster for this season and 2-3 (depending on our second rounder) rookies for next season just doesn't make sense, since there won't enough playing time to go around.

This trade just seems to be dumping Haywood for the sake of dumping Haywood, which doesn't make much sense to me.

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
This trade just seems to be dumping Haywood for the sake of dumping Haywood, which doesn't make much sense to me.
It doesn't make any sense to me either.. Sorry *** L8's not going to be around forever.. Etan's really a undersized 4 and JJ's really a oversized 3.. I say keep Haywood!.. Plus.. His name remind's of my fav old school show, White Shadow!:D

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Haywood + Laettner for Shawn Bradley and Eduardo Najera

Despite being a stiff, Bradley is a frightening shot-blocker. He's no prize but he's at least an OK backup center.

Najera is a very strong defender and the kind of energy guy who could really help us off the bench. We need a guy like that, and a guy that won't command too many shots since he'll be playing with Stack, Hughs, Gil, Kwame, etc. He can play the 4 a bit too.

Laettner and Haywood both could probably help the Mavs and fit their style of play

New Wiz team:
1- Gill (34), Knight (14), Blake
2- Hughes 32, Stackhouse (16), Dixon
3- Stack (20), Hayes (18) Najera (10), Jeffries
4- Etan (32), Najera (16), (Jeffries)
5- Kwame (32), Bradley (16)

In truth though, we still look like we've got too many players. It's a shame JJ and Dixon don't get any burn in that situation. I think if it were me, I'd be trying to look for a deal that combined a couple of our younger players- Haywood/JJ/Hughes/Dixon in order to get a bigger upgrade at another position.

Dare I say it, a guy like Rasheed Wallace would look really good next to Kwame...

In truth though, we still look like we've got too many players. It's a shame JJ and Dixon don't get any burn in that situation. I think if it were me, I'd be trying to look for a deal that combined a couple of our younger players- Haywood/JJ/Hughes/Dixon in order to get a bigger upgrade at another position.

Dare I say it, a guy like Rasheed Wallace would look really good next to Kwame.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
As long as we get a first rounder its all good.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
how dare you try to trade our all-star christian laettner?! he's the best big man we got and nothing can take him.. well, maybe T-Mac.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I like all the Wizards big men, i think theyre all underrated. But if the Wizards are going to trade any of them, i'd rather they trade Etan. I like Etan alot, but he and Kwame generally add the same type of presence. Haywood adds another dimension in height so they dont really get overmatched by freaky tall players like Yao.

Wizards have a really solid team talent-wise. Theres no excuses for EJ if they cant turn it around now that Arenas and Stack are back. Every position is solid if not really good and has solid backups.

pg- Arenas, Dixon, Blake, Brevin, Hughes

sg-Hughes, Stackhouse, Dixon, Blake

sf-Stackhouse, Jarvis, J. Jefferies,

pf-Kwame, Etan, Laettner, Jefferies

c-Haywood, Kwame, Etan,

·
Registered
726 Posts
I don't think its a good idea to make any trades before the trade deadline. The team still needs to be evaluated with Stack and Arenas. Haywood has been playing well recently, too.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Zuca</b>!
You guys need some true SF
*cough*
Jamison
*cough*

:D

·
Registered
8,503 Posts